National Achievement Finalists/Semifinalists

<p>are there any national achievement finalists who do not mind sharing their psat scores with me? i feel that I may qualify for a certain scholarship at FAMU and I am curious as to whether or not i will get the maximum amount for the scholarship, which to do so, one needs to be a national achievement finalist.</p>

<p>thanks.</p>

<p>National Achievement semifinalist status is based on region. You haven’t provided enough information to answer that question. Plus, no one will be notified of their status until September or October.</p>

<p>BTW. Can anyone define “■■■■■” for me?</p>

<p>im sry i live in pa…but i meant for people who have won or have been named semi/finalists in recent years (like 2009 or 2010).</p>

<p>btw i scored 198</p>

<p>i know how you feel, i live in pa too and really want to know if i made NASF or not but all i can do is wait…</p>

<p>I got a 230 on my PSAT and was a National Achievement finalist. (Though I’m going to community college so the scholarship is basically useless >_>). Oh, and a ■■■■■ is someone who instigates or provokes people to giving inflammatory responses.</p>

<p>I got a 188 on the PSAT with a 1980 on the SAT and was a finalist. I was offered the full FAMU scholarship for it (with a laptop and some stipend money), but I’m pretty sure the one I received was specifically for Florida residents so I’m not sure if it’s the same one you’re talking about.</p>

<p>Weird, I got a 185 (I think. That’s whay I remember, but a counselor once told me I got a 198) on my PSAT, and was only considered a National Achievement Outstanding Participant.</p>

<p>Now, I know it is based on region, but did I seriously miss it by only that couple amount of points? </p>

<p><em>shakes my head</em></p>

<p>I got a 211 on the PSAT and a 2270 on the SAT and was a National Achievement Scholar; my region was that of the Northeast (or maybe Mid-Atlantic - I’m not too sure).</p>

<p>Hope this helped. :o</p>

<p>I was a finalist from the Southeast and I was a finalist. I think I got a 194.</p>

<p>^ and ^^, when were you notified that you made the cut? Before or after you were notified of National Merit standing?</p>

<p>Just reread my message and I sound like an idiot. Oh well…I found out around September 2009 which was maybe 5 months after I took it? Something close to that.</p>

<p>198 should be fine. 184 ( or was it 186?) in California was not for class of 2008.</p>

<p>Do you guys think a 209 in NY would make semi?</p>

<p>^It should. I know someone who got semifinalist status with lower scores.</p>