Need Advice/Opinions From My CC Bama Friends

<p>Bill- Thank you for sharing your son’s experience. I don’t think that kids realize that the shy, seemingly awkward kid next to you in high school turns into the cutie you want to date later on. Isn’t it great? LOL. Still, I don’t blame your son for being slow to trust. Slow is ok- not trusting anyone at all at anytime is not good. I hope he never gets there. </p>

<p>My daughter’s story is so long but in the end my issue is with the fact that this is a group of girls that were once friends and they had their ups and downs. Are there different versions of what happened and different sides of the story? Yes- but it’s over and now 2 or 3 girls feel like it is their mission to make my daughter uncomfortable. They seem to delight in it. Worse, the last 2 or 3 incidents have taken place during class time. It is the only class were the group is together and unfortunately it was happening with the teacher who prefers to be blind. So- D will take an online honors US history class to get away from it all.</p>

<p>I agree- these experiences have lasting effects on kids and they probably are cautious about people and social settings. My D seems to already think that there are lots of crappy people in the world and far too many sheep who are willing to follow. So sad.</p>

<p>I do not think an online class will matter much at all. We homeschooled my son since the 4th grade and UA had no issues with the course he had taken. He “proved” himself with strong test scores and he is on the Presidential Scholarship…</p>

<p>Nearly 1/4 of my credits were online, Bama didn’t care. Good luck to your daughter!</p>

<p>In my daughter’s school, it is a graduation requirement to take an online class for graduation. Also, many students take certain online classes to avoid inept teachers. </p>

<p>The bullying situation is no joke. I will keep your daughter in my prayers. I feel for you.</p>