New Cryptic Soar message

<p>Hmmmmmm, S has had the "application is being reviewed by one of our counselors" for about 10 days. Now the SOAR status says:</p>

<p>"You are not eligible to make a SOAR reservation. Questions about your application or admission status...."</p>

<p>If I were to guess (knowing hoe low my son's stats are for UWM and being a realist) I'd say they've got themselves a new, colder pre-denial/deferral message.</p>

<p>ANyone else out there notice this message?</p>

<p>Interesting, let us know what happens next. It would seems as though there is a new SOAR message hinting at postponement or denial.</p>

<p>Waiting so long for a decision is very hard. I do think it is a good thing if they did change the message. The other SOAR message saying “admit term” implies that the person was admitted. I’m sure many people (who don’t access CC) read that and assume they have been accepted, only to find out two days later that they weren’t. I definitely think that they needed to changed the message for people who were being denied/postponed.</p>

<p>son postponed a few weeks ago and his SOAR message still reads not accepting reservations for your admit term! all very confusing…</p>

<p>dnf is right,
The previous message (once a decision was made) saying “…your admit term” in the event that a kid was deferred or denied isn’t very good form. Even if it’s a tad abrupt, you gotta be cruel to be kind! It’s interesting that there’s a learning curb for the schools as well as the applicants-in regard to 'the best way" Jilld…thanks for your input. Anyone else have this message? It might be a denial message as opposed to a deferral, I don’t think we’ve seen so many outright denials on CC so far, but since it’s MORE THAN a reach for Son…that’s more than likely the case (sorry to those who think I’m being a bit hard on the ol’boy) Anyone else with a SOAR change in the last 24 hours? I know I know “one way or the other we’ll find out” …blah blah…bit I like playin the sleuth! And I think its important to share info…even if it’s not always good!</p>

<p>Mine changed to the admit term message yesterday</p>

<p>My D’s SOAR message changed to “admit term” either today or yesterday … as far as I can tell it never showed the message about her app being reviewed by a counselor. Her app and transcripts/docs were in by the end of October.</p>