New parking permit for Spring semester

<p>Has anyone had any experience of a child bringing a car to school in the 2nd semester? H and S will be driving down son’ s car and expect to arrive on Sun. Where does a student bringing a car for the first time park with no permit? Would he park as a visitor until he can get a permit? He is in Riverside West.</p>

<p>Also, S inquired before the break and was told by Parking Services to wait until Jan. to buy a parking permit for Spring semester as it will be reduced rate. However, the online rate posted is still the higher Fall rate (one year). </p>

<p>My concern is that with a Sun. arrival when offices are closed, S. will have a car on campus with no permit. I plan to call parking services but was hoping to get a heads up from anyone who has undergone a similar situation.</p>

<p>UA only tickets for parking in handicap or faculty in residence spaces on Sundays, so he’ll be fine there. Parking services should reopen on January 2nd or 3rd and will be able to give him more specific directions and will likely say that they will waive the ticket, if any, that he gets for not having a permit on Monday morning before he picks up his permit.</p>

<p>Thank you, SEA_tide. I did not know the policy for Sundays; learned something new.</p>