New York City or Los Angeles for Journalists

<p>What's the best city for Journalists? NYC or LA? I want to be an Entertainment TV Journalists like the reporters you see on E! News or Access Hollywood.</p>

<p>Bump! 78 views but no replys?</p>

<p>My first assumption would be Los Angeles only because it just makes sense that more celebrities would be there and in the surrounding areas, but coming from someone who lives on the East Coast and visits New York City frequently, you’d be surprised how many celebrities you could find wandering around unnoticed. Ultimately though, I suppose LA would be more conducive to a aspiring E! journalist.</p>

<p>I’ve lived in Los Angeles my entire life and although I love the city, I can’t stay here for my target career of political journalism. There are plenty of opportunities for people looking to break into the entertainment industry, but if you’re looking to do anything else you might want to consider going elsewhere.</p>

<p>Thanks Deborah. Entertainment journalism is my #1 passion, Fashion journalism is my 2nd but I know I would have to move to NYC for that. I’m interested in broadcast and online journalism. But good luck Deborah on your political journalism career. I know that you probably already know this but move to Washington DC or New York City for it.</p>