No IB Physics..

okay so I’m thinking about going for IB and I want to study Physics at uni. The thing is, my school doesn’t offer IB Physics at any level and I need it at HL for uni admissions. So my IB Coordinator said I could do AP Physics instead. Will that be okay? Can I get admission in uni for physics with IB diploma (without IB Physics) and AP Physics? Will that work or not? Additionally, I’ve done GCSEs. Which Physics AP course will A* in GCSE Physics have prepared me for? Will I have to take AP Physics 1/2 or can I go straight for AP Physics C since I learnt all of AP Physics 1/2 material in my GCSE? please help me…!! :frowning: :frowning: i’m so confused

No college requires IB credits. In fact, more colleges recognize AP than IB. You can become a physics major at any college with any level physics from high school.

Yes, you’re okay. Schools do not require IB Physics HL, and the schools that do recommend physics recognize AP as well. As for AP Physics 1/2 and AP Physics C, Physics 1/2 are algebra based while Physics C is calculus based. If you have solid background knowledge in calculus, AP Physics C may be the best path for you.

Are you aimed at a UK uni? A US uni won’t have that hard and fast a requirement, but the UK schools might not mix and match the IBD and APs so readily, you could email the specific dept to get that info.

thank you all for the help! I actually did GCSEs so I ended up deciding to finish A levels in my home country. I did email schools in both US and UK and most of them were cool with 5s in APs but required AP Physics C.