Northeastern Early Decision and Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

I’m a little be confused about how housing assignments work. It seems like families pick which price category/room configuration they want to sign up for based on the first year housing website, but how does that work with the LLC assignments. How are they able to accommodate LLC choices as well as room categories?

1 Like

My sense is that you sign up for an LLC and can state if you prefer a single, double (or maybe a triple) and if you have a planned roommate or going random. you don’t choose otherwise. If you had special financial needs I guess you can reach out. Not everyone is happy but the housing does tend to work out, for instance, there are not enough singles for all who want them etc.
Also, frosh housing is placed based on order of deposit… so that comes into play.

On my son’s application, he was only allowed to pick single as his preference, not double or triple if I was not mistaken

I went back and looked at the RD decision dates going back to 2017. Prior to 2020 (Covid), in 2017, 2018, and 2019, the RD came in the Wednesday AFTER spring break:

• 2017: return from spring break classes March 13, RD Wed. March 15
  • 2018: return from spring break classes March 12, RD Wed. March 14
  • 2019: return from spring break classes March 11, RD Wed. March 13
  • 2020: return from spring break classes March 9, RD Thurs. March 26 - this was the big hiccup, due 100% to COVID.
  • 2021: SPRING BREAK CANCELLED, RD Wed. March 17

Based on this pattern, and the fact that Northeastern is on spring break right now (returning to classes on Monday, March 21st, I’m pretty sure the soonest RD decision will be announced by NEU is next Wed., March 23rd

1 Like

Is it possible that decisions are released today considering it’s a Wednesday in the middle of March?

Can be today or next Wednesday

We will know in 95 minutes.

2 Likes

Any good news?

Rejected. 4.4 GPA for nursing major and good extracurriculars rec letters etc. Congrats to all that got in!!

Did you just find out? Decisions out today?

Yes. It was on my portal at exactly 5:00pm.

Anyone else hear back?

Northeastern Admissions posted on Instagram that decisions will be out tonight.

2 Likes

Go to this thread:

I got in after being deferred EA. Honors engineering with merit. Now I need to make some decisions!

9 Likes

My daughter got rejected after being deferred from EA round. Congratulations to all those who got in today!!

3 Likes

At 5:00pm today?

Is this just one small wave or one time big release?

Just for EA ? Or RD as well?

Yes, at 5:00 pm