Northeastern Admissions Regular Decision Fall 2022

Northeastern Admissions Regular Decision Fall 2022

Applying regular decision to Northeastern in 2022? Here’s the thread for you to ask questions, swap stats, and share news and admissions updates with others applying to Northeastern .

How does your application compare to students admitted last year? Take a look at the chart below and then share your stats, activities and more.

Northeastern 2021 Admitted Student Statistics
Admitted Students in Top 10% of Graduating Class 76%
Admissions Test Policy Test scores are considered and required
Applicants Submitting SATs 54%
Applicants Submitting ACTs 31%
Waitlist Yes

A Note on Admissions Data We get our data from Peterson’s. If some of the numbers look off, this wiki-post allows registered CC members to edit, update, or add useful information, like admissions and decisions dates and additional stats. If you have different info from a reputable source, feel free to update this post. Just click the Edit button in the lower right corner.

To learn more about Northeastern, visit the Admissions page on College Confidential’s College Search.

Hi everyone applying to Northeastern in the Regular Decision pool! My name is Owen and I am a First Year at Northeastern. I’d be happy to help anyone with questions about the admissions process, suggestions on how to improve your chances, and feedback based on my experience!

Feel free to ask me anything!

4 Likes

Hi do you know when decisions come out?

So historically, regular decision results come out around the first week of april. Historically, the days for decision releases have been between april 1st and april 7th. Its usually the first wednesday of april.

Think you may have the wrong school, decisions are released for Northeastern by April 1st: Deadlines & Decisions | Undergraduate Admissions

In the past 3 years, decisions have come out between March 13th and March 26th, typically on a Wednesday but potentially also Thursday and Tuesday.

1 Like

I totally do have the wrong school my bad haha. I was thinking of Ivy Day.

2 Likes

D22 OOS TO 3.8 UW GPA, 1 AP, 1 IB, 3 Honors. Captain of varsity basketball and softball. Lots of EC, Musical Art Scholar. I don’t think she has much of a chance, but you never know.

2 Likes

Hi Owen- How is the merit based aid chances for a RD applicant with 1540 SAT and 6 IB courses.

What’s your current pg?

1 Like

How do you like Northeastern, honestly? If you could go back and pick another school, would you?

1 Like

Hi Krish. I really couldn’t answer that question because I don’t have a good understanding oh how merit aid is calculated or the chances of receiving it. I also don’t know what your GPA is, your EC’s, etc. I will say that I did not receive any merit aid when I applied (4.1 WGPA, 3.7UW, did not submit SAT, submitted 2 5’s and a 4 from AP’s and took a total of 9 AP’s in high school) but I did receive a significant amount of financial aid.

1 Like

In all honesty, I think there are some things NU can work on, but I love the school as a whole. I love being in the center of Boston, with a million things to do around me all the time. I love how NU has a lot of events and competitions with other Boston/Cambridge schools like BC, BU, Harvard, and MIT. I really like NU’s campus, its ability to feel both in the middle of a city as well as completely separated from the city. The food at dining halls isn’t the best but it is pretty solid overall. My classes are enjoyable, challenging, and intellectually stimulating. Pretty much everyday there are multiple events happening all around campus. Since we have a smaller campus, everything is pretty tight together, so you are always around others, and often see friends even when not trying to. Our campus is literally an arboretum, so there is a lot of green. The COVID protocols aren’t the best right now, and I currently have COVID, so I’m a little unhappy about that. As well, I wish that everything at NU was just 50% bigger (dining halls, campus size, green spaces, commons, etc.) but that’s just because I feel a little cramped as of now. I haven’t yet experienced the co-op process (I begin that in fall) but I am really excited for it. Overall, I would honestly say that if I could go back, I would set Northeastern as my first choice school instead of being my second or third choice. I really love it here. Everyone I meet is really smart and creative and energetic about learning. It’s truly an amazing college and I hope that everyone who wants to experience it can.

12 Likes

Hi, do u feel very distracting to be in a college so close the city? Lot of outside influences…

Well, I would rephrase that Northeastern isn’t “so close to the city,” because Northeastern is smack in the middle of Boston. But I totally understand the question, and its a good one. Honestly, being in the center of Boston has been one of my favorite parts of being at NU. The whole city is basically at my fingertips, begging me to explore it. The Museum of Fine Arts (MFA) is literally next door to campus, the Prudential Center is as well, Copley Center is a short walk down the road, Newbury Street and the Common are super close as well, and you can get pretty much anywhere in the city within a 30-45 minute walk, 20 minute bus/T ride, or a short car trip. I honestly believe Northeastern’s campus is in the perfect part of Boston. As well, somehow, you can feel like you are nowhere near the city in some parts of campus. Centennial Common is perfect for it. Even though you are a 5 minute walk from being on Huntington Avenue - one of the busiest streets in Boston in my opinion - you can still feel very much not in the city. It is very quiet, except for all of the other students, you can’t really hear traffic or cars, and its a great green place. Another area that is great for this is Snell Quad or Churchill Quad, both very quiet yet still on campus.

4 Likes

With activities already being schedule for incoming students(Accepted EA or ED), I feel that students being accepted through Regular Decision are going to miss out on some of the events.
Including Admitted Student Day, Choosing a NUin location for those accepted that way. I hear that certain location are already at max capacity. I am hoping I am wrong or maybe NU has saved spots for the RD students who won’t hear back until mid-March. Not sure when Housing opens up?
anyone have any information or events that will be held later that RD students can attend.

So, there are going to be many events held throughout the next few months for admitted students. NU, like many colleges, hold admitted student events in waves, such as tours, admitted student days, etc. They have a ton in April just before commitment day. Also, I don’t think any NUin locations have reach max capacity, because most students accepted via NUin do not commit until much later into the year.

NU will likely save some spots open for RD applicants, yet unfortunately, I am expecting that very few students will be admitted.

The housing form is usually open shortly after students enroll (pay the deposit) and commit, but no housing confirmations are made for a few months.

2 Likes

NU in means live on the campus, NU bound live off campus?

The London NUin site reached capacity 1 day after it opened for registration this month. I agree that they may have saved spots for RD NUin students, so it is possible for those students to still attend in London. I think that the London site is the only place for CS Majors, and NU guarantees you to have a location to study your major, so they might have saved spots for CS majors in London. And the NUBound London program still has capacity, so they might be able to open up additional seats depending on the NUBound yield.

I agree that NU will have a robust choice of admitted students programs for RD kids. Once a school accepts a kid in EA or RD, much of the power shifts to the kid. I think schools want to yield RD kids just as much as EA kids, so NU is going to plan great programs for the RD kids too. Kids are in the high-stress stage right now waiting to hear back from schools, but once April hits, the admissions offices are in a high-stress stage waiting to see if they are going to hit their class numbers.

1 Like