Notifications

<p>For those in-staters who have already been accepted were you emailed about your acceptance or was it only posted on "MY UW"???</p>

<p>Not sure about e-mail, but a letter came a day or 2 after S’s ‘My UW’ showed acceptance. Not a big packet, just a notification letter. He never checks his accts., but since UW puts out acceptances in waves, he saw from friends’ posts on twitter etc that he should look.</p>

<p>How long after the entire app was complete did he get the acceptance?</p>

<p>He submitted app right at the deadline for the early notification, 11/3 (a bit past midnight, ha!) Transcripts and scores sent much earlier. Then was notified when the most recent acceptances were released, 11/21 I think.</p>

<p>2 years earlier D managed to get hers in a week earlier and heard back in mid-December, with somewhat better stats than S. It’s hard to understand how they make decisions to wave some kids through and others have to wait while they do more thorough review. I wonder now if D’s took longer because she was partly online-schooled for a year and a half. Maybe that triggered putting her application in a different pile. At the time I just assumed it took that long for everyone.</p>

<p>Thank you. I think most posters are speculating that the next notifications will come right before the holidays. If we don’t hear by then, I imagine our chances lessen. But, in any case, all earlies will hear by 1/31.</p>