Now thinking I want to go into Nursing...

<p>I am in sort of a predicament. I have wanted to go to grad school to become a Physician Assistant, but recently I have been leaning more towards nursing.</p>

<p>I am going in to my sophomore year of undergrad as a BIO major at a SUNY school, and my school doesn't have a nursing program.</p>

<p>As I see it right now, I have two options...I can try and transfer to another SUNY school that HAS a nursing major (I.E. Buffalo), but their program requires that you have most prereqs before you transfer there, and I don't.</p>

<p>I could also just get my bachelors from my current school, then after that do the accelerated nursing program at Buffalo, which means another year of college BEFORE grad school.</p>

<p>Anyone have any input on my situation? It would be greatly appreciated.</p>

<p>Could you take as many pre-reqs as possible as a sophomore? And then more in the summer after? Some nursing programs admit students to start in spring as well as in fall so you may end up with only an extra semester.</p>

<p>Yea pretty much all my classes next semester are prereq’s (chem, calc, bio).</p>

<p>And then if I take more the second semester of sophomore year, do you think I would be in shape to transfer the fall of my junior year? or even the spring of my junior year?</p>

<p>You need to look at the specific nursing curriculum for each school. They don’t vary a whole lot so there will be classes you definitely need to take for any nursing school. Including what you have, you’ll also need anatomy and physiology and probably statistics (not sure if you’ll definitely need calculus). </p>

<p>It’s usually pretty easy to find and download a sample nursing curriculum from a school’s web site. </p>

<p>Also, one prof I spoke to about it advised students to save a copy of their course syllabus. That way, they could prove what the course covered and have a better chance of getting credit for it at a different institution.</p>