nursing 2025

Hey I’m a senior in high school and I want to go into nursing. To be completely honest, I don’t think my stats are great enough for direct entry nursing programs. (SAT 1370. GPA 95. not many extracurriculars). Does getting a bachelor’s degree in a psychology major (or anything idk yet) first then move onto nursing after grad sound good? I’m just afraid that if I put nursing as a major for all my colleges, I’d get rejected by all of them. Do you guys recommend any other ways to go by this nursing path?

Where do you live? Are you willing to go to school in Pennsylvania or Ohio? Pennsylvania has over 50 schools with direct entry BSN programs, most of which are not that competitive. Ohio also has a number of less competitive direct entry programs. Your stats would be fine for many of these programs.

@kidzncatz hey I live in NYC and I am willing to go to Pennsylvania for college. I will definitely look into those. Do you do nursing? If so how was it for you? Also thank you for the response.

@ivslee No, I am not a nurse. I went through the search for nursing programs with S15 and now have a D22 interested in nursing. See the link below for a list of nursing programs in Pennsylvania.

https://www.dos.pa.gov/ProfessionalLicensing/BoardsCommissions/Nursing/Documents/Board%20Documents/List-of-RN-Programs.PDF

I don’t think you will have a problem getting accepted direct admit with your stats! Just do your research and start looking at the average incoming student profiles for the schools that interest you and go from there. Sit in on nursing information sessions (they’re almost all virtual now!) at schools you like, they often go over typical stats needed for entry and if they don’t, you can ask! For instance, Purdue and University of TN’s average nursing major ACT is 28, which you are above. My D has a lower ACT than you (converted) and similar GPA, some ECs and athletics but nothing extraordinary. She already has quite a few direct acceptances. Be kind to yourself :slight_smile:

Look at York College in PA; direct admit, and you’ll probably qualify for merit.

1 Like