Nursing school acceptance and general education classes

I’ve been accepted to a nursing school. That usually means that I wouldn’t have to take the school’s general education classes, just the nursing school classes, correct?

If you have been accepted into a BSN program (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) you will still have to take classes that aren’t specifically nursing to get the bachelor’s degree. For example, depending on the school, you’ll take anatomy, microbiology, a couple English courses, and probably more. I know that a lot of the schools I was accepted into require all students to take elective courses also like psychology, religion, history, foreign language, etc. Don’t let this discourage you though, you’ll graduate with a well-rounded education!

Many programs list their curriculum online. Yes, a 4 BSN program will typically require a mix of classes, while a 2 or 3 year program that is not a BSN may not require all of those classes.

If you will be pursuing a bachelor’s degree you will need to take the general education distribution requirements in addition to science and nursing courses.

Otherwise go to a community college or a hospital nursing school for an RN.