Nursing school decisions??

My daughter was accepted into York, Widener, Stevenson, and Catholic so far. All of them seem to have good programs. Does anyone know anything about these programs?

My daughter attends York College’s nursing program and is very happy with the nursing classes, science classes and the clinicals. Many of the clinicals are nearby, which saves a great deal of time and expense. Some of the other classes have not been very demanding - which is helpful to allow her to concentrate on the very challenging and time-consuming nursing and science classes.

Unless you have been offered a large amount of aid, I don’t think Widener or Catholic are worth the extra tuition compared to York. You won’t make any more money as a nurse if you graduate from an expensive bachelors program. Also, DC is an expensive place to live.

Beware that (as of last year) York expects nursing applicants to put down a deposit soon to hold their spot. Otherwise, you are not guaranteed a spot in the nursing program. As of last year, most of the deposit was refundable if you cancelled before May 1, but check the current policies.