Transfer Help because I really need it :'(

I am currently having a dilemma (This is a lot of information sorry but I really need the help because none of my advisers are helping me).

I am currently a first-semester freshman in a community college in Massachusetts. I am trying to transfer after one year because I am not really interested in the nursing program here and only went to community college because it was virtually my last option lol. I am doing good this semester I have 100s in all my classes and am expecting to end this semester with a 3.9-4.0 college GPA.

For most colleges if you don’t complete a certain number of credits you have to send in your high school transcripts and ACT/SAT scores. I did ok in high school because I ended with a 3.7 GPA, but my school did not offer AP or Honors classes. Also my ACT/SAT are complete trash and are literally below average scores :(. I retook both test 3 times and still got the same score with tutoring don’t come at me PLEASE I know I suck at standardized testing. I have over 200+ hours of volunteering at a hospital and can have 2 nurses recommend me for programs. I am still volunteering to this day.

I guess the question I am asking is if I should wait till my sophomore year to transfer or transfer at the end of my freshman year.

Schools I have in mind are:
Northeastern University (Top choice but reach with my high school stats)
Simmons College
Worcester State University
UMASS Dartmouth
UMASS Boston
NYU (REACH with my high school stats)

I am currently a freshman in the UMass Boston nursing program and I’m sure you can transfer to the nursing program here from a community college. Here are the procedures of transferring here: https://www.umb.edu/academics/cnhs/nursing/ug/nursing_traditional_bs/for_transfer_students

I don’t know if other schools will allow you to transfer but I know my school does and there currently are people at my school who are taking pre-requisites for nursing school. You will need to contact the nursing department at each of the schools you are interested in order to transfer into to see if you still need your high school records. I’m sure your credits are able to transfer to UMB but you’ll just have to see on the website if they will accept it. If you are looking to transfer after your freshman year, then you’ll probably won’t need to send your high school transcript or scores after that. You can transfer at the end of freshman year if you really do not like the school you’re at and if you aren’t happy in your current situation. We have GREAT professors here at UMass Boston and I’m sure they will help you with your situation. If you have any questions, just PM me.

I would add UMass Lowell to your list of schools to apply to. I have been helped (due to a particular health issue which has now been fixed) by a program with multiple specialized nurses from UMass Lowell and they were very good. Your high school GPA is solidly in line for UMass Lowell, your college GPA is even better which is a big plus, and at least overall they are test optional. I am not sure about the specific requirements for their nursing program. If you are a Massachusetts resident then UMass Lowell is also very reasonably priced.

I would be very surprised if NYU ends up being worth the cost. You don’t need to go to NYU to do very well in the nursing profession.

Also, I think that it makes sense to apply now (or in the next month or two, check the deadlines) and see where you get in. If you don’t get into a program that you like you can apply again in a year.

Also, don’t apologize for the lack of APs and honors at your high school. High school is over, and your grades should be fine for one or probably more of the schools on your list.

Thank you so much! My school is having a transfer fair and UMass Lowell will be attending! I will definitely be adding UMass Lowell to list!

UMass Boston will be there at the transfer fair too so I can get information from them!