NYU 2025 - ED2 Applicants

For whoever asked, I’m sorry :sweat_smile:

Do you mind sharing if you had one or 2 boxes/ ur housing portal?

So when I was deferred I had two boxes no application; but I think another factor to consider if you’re riding the indicator wave is the checklist, I think that’s more important than like… any other factor. Mine never cleared out

Thank you!
what do you mean by checklist?

The little list that shows what you’ve submitted and when it was received

oh, when is that supposed to clear?

I don’t want to sound like I’m all that, but I think I have a good shot at an acceptance based on my stats and the info I gave them in my deferral form (just some EC updates); I applied for Politics at CAS

Oh yeah I noticed some people in this thread were talking about how some no applications people were deferred or waitlisted. The indicator we were talking about is that No applications and one box means acceptance, not two boxes

Sometimes day of decisions, it depends, it’s different for everyone

I personally don’t believe there are any indicators, I’m in a GC with a bunch of other deferred students, we all have different things and some showed one box no app in ED I and still got deferred

1 Like

Has anyone’s checklist disapeared yet?

But they don’t defer ED 2 do they?

It doesn’t really happen before the day of

You can choose to be deferred to ED II or RD, to my knowledge, my GC is all ED II opters

But they can defer to RD for ED II, yes, they can also just waitlist you

so… I was able to login to the housing portal yesterday and there was no app. I just checked the portal again and it keeps saying login errorr
nvm!! I used the wrong link

In my head the spectrum from best to worst is like this:
Accepted
Deferred
Waitlisted
Rejected

Gotcha. But I’m confused on why people in ur gc had one box if they were deferred. Because isn’t the application update box supposed to be used for people who were deferred or waitlisted so they can update their application and activities? Are you sure they had one box, cuz that’s kinda odd

When we filled out the form it came back but it remained gone until then because if not they withdraw you automatically

It’s a deferral form not an update request