NYU Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

Does that mean that anyone with an email got in?

Is there any way other schools like tisch or cas can access the directory?

I think so, but I wouldn’t say all emails have been made yet or all decisions have been made/inputted yet (especially for like CAS).

Im honestly just curious if your decision being made earlier is a good or bad thing. Cause rejection seem to come out first. So if your decision was made first, doesn’t that mean you got rejected?

I didn’t put my nyu email anywhere I honestly didn’t even know it existed until I checked this website

Approx how many people did they see that had 2 buttons, no email and summer 2022 in the stern database?
Do U know if they can see a full list? If so, how many names?

1 Like

i have only one for “nyu personal information update request”

Don’t nyu give a flow of acceptance first

They can’t make thousands of decisions just in the last couple of days before announcing, so I’m sure plenty of decisions in both directions are made fairly early.

1 Like

I thought they give rejections first ?

I can find my name on NYU home, but think it does not mean anything because i did summer program at NYU

I applied last year so idk what’s going rn but it might be useful if you guys polled possible scenarios. The minority will probably be the acceptances.

1 Like

we did poll!

But the poll result is not open to public yet.

it was and it was a pretty even split

There’s just simply too many factors and options that it’s really not feasible to narrow it down to likely scenarios. It’s easy to make correlations, like one box w/ no apps being “in” for Stern because of the emails, but then this discounts those that have one box w/ no apps and no email & it also discounts the ratio of those with one box to two boxes across the entire spreadsheet.

The only way to really determine it, somewhat accurately, is if we wait a couple days, like up until the 14th, and then look at the data from there. If I were to guess now, it’d be something along these lines:

# of boxes determines decision being inputted. One box means a decision has been inputted, two boxes means it hasn’t. If you have two boxes, then the housing portal does not matter. You were given a default based on a number of factors, such as signing up for a summer program.
If you have one box, then the housing portal does matter, although not to the extent we think. The majority of people have one box w/ no apps, which most likely means nothing and can mean both rejection and accepted. The only giveaway is if you applied to Stern and whether or not the email works or not. Nevertheless, it most likely does mean something if you have one box w/ summer 2022. I would, unfortunately, assume waitlisted/deferred but only time will tell.

This is honestly the only correlation I can think of that encompasses all the results we’ve gotten & has the highest possibility of aligning with the % accepted (because we don’t actually know the % accepted except for possibility of Stern). And once again, this might change once more data arrives and we get closer to the 15th (as two box people may change to only 1), but this is what it currently looks like to me.

8 Likes

tried to edit my original post (quoted above) but couldn’t.

Meant to ask:

Approx how many people did they see that had 1 button, email, and no app in the stern directory?
Do U know if they can see a full list? If so, how many names?

is it good or bad to have one button

100% agree. this forum has also become just people repeating themselves over and over asking the same exact questions about the buttons and housing portal and email.

4 Likes

Thank you for this

1 Like