NYU ED I Class of 2025

CHANCE ME!
Hey guys! I applied to Steinhardt for the Global Health Studies/Applied Psychology major. I have a 3.9 UW, 4.3 W, 8 APs (APUSH, AP Lang, AP Gov, AP Chem, AP Psych, AP Lit, AP Stats, and AP Art History). I have all A’s except 1 B+ in APUSH and 2 B+'s in Honors Geometry. I’ve taken all honors or AP classes. Didn’t submit any testing!
EC:
4-Year Varsity Starter on the Softball team
Played club softball for 8 years
Own a business on DePop called ChiTownPickups with 900 followers and $1000 profit
Community service in many different settings including a volunteer bakery and an organization that helps expose girls in middle school to athletics
I was a sports reporter on our school newspaper for 3 years
I worked over the summer at a local grocery story in the kosher bakery (I wrote my Common App essay about how working in a kosher bakery and being an athiest exposed me 1. to different people, but also expanded my mind to different belief systems 2. the idea of prayer in Judaism
Wrote my NYU essay about being queer and how important it is to find a community, I connected this back to one of my online seminars with an NYU student who also happened to be queer
I’m got into my school’s honor society all 3 years (haven’t been able to apply yet this year) and NHS this year
I attended an online summer class this past summer at UCLA for Psychobiology

Demographics:
I’m a white, queer female living in a suburb of Chicago. Did not apply for financial aid, definitely wouldn’t have received any given my family’s income. My family plans to pay for all of college.

Good luck to you guys! I’m definitely just as nervous as all of y’all!

1 Like

Personal opinion only, but 1 strong rec. is better than 2 “ok” rec’s.

Personally, I submitted 2, but only because I knew that they would be extremely strong. I wouldn’t worry about it!

2 Likes

ur stats look rly good!

I applied IR as well!

I kinda regret not applying for liberal studies

Hey guys! just wondering, does being an international student affect your chances of getting in?

probably because of covid there may be issues with visas and such but I’m not sure

ahh oh man :confused: i’ve heard about it all throughout the years though - like how it is important for international students to get above 1500 in SATs to help ourselves :frowning: feel more nervous now

don’t be! its totally out of your control and nyu is known for having a very large percentage of international students

1 Like

i’ll try not to be! counting the days to 15th Dec ~ goodluck mate thanks for replying!

1 Like

Heyy I’m an international student too! I didn’t even take the SATs or ACTs (I’m only submitting IB predicted grades.) I’m sure you’ll be fine!

1 Like

thanks! where did you apply to? I applied to gallatin :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much! Good luck to you and wherever you end up :slight_smile:

1 Like

also out of curiosity, is GLS the easiest school to get in and Stern the hardest?

I applied to stern! I know it’s super competitive so I’m kinda stressed about it but we’ll all know by the 15th (probably 16th for me cus time difference)

1 Like

Goodluck! Guess we are on similar boats! (sorry i just saw that you’re the same user oops)

1 Like

just wanted to hop on here + add some fluff and say to those who posted your chance mes, id accept you if i were an ao. i know my words dont hold any weight whatsoever, but after reading about the different applicants who also applied ed 1, theres not doubt that yall are the people id love to be in nyu with next year and over the next few years:) this doesnt only apply to those who posted chance mes, but also to those who are pretty active on here. i mean yeah haha you guys have better stats + ecs than me and it makes me anxious, but you’re all so supportive and we love to see it!!:’)

9 Likes

hey! i’m sure that NYU looks at more than just stats + ecs, and your essay (which I am sure you worked hard on) will do you well. All the best!

3 Likes

So nervous for the 15th but manifesting for all of us! Can’t wait to see you guys in New York next year >:)

13 Likes

same here!