NYU ED I Class of 2025

@anklis oh hm i logged in and it only shows spring 2021, i’m guessing / i don’t think this applies to us

apparently there is some thing where if you email your supposed school email at nyu and it goes through then you got in or something. Has anyone tried it?

@Robotico2340 LMAO nahhh bro that doesn’t sound real

idk if any one will know this, but does anyone know what time decisions typically come out on the 15th? or have they been known to come out earlier? maybe some of you have scoured through other CC threads and read about this somewhere or you’ve had siblings go through this process or something, i’m just trying to prepare myself in terms of when i’m getting the “acceptances are out” email from NYU haha

I think the time has been around 4 est in the past. Do you guys wonder if we might get them on the 10th this year? For the past 2 years, they’ve been released on the Thursday before the 15th.

really? they’ve released them early? i thought it was just always 12/15 set date and decisions would come out like throughout the day

So I was checking the CO24 thread and people were getting there results early so I’m guessing from what I saw people say we might get ours from Dec 12-15 maybe earlier for some others but idk

Ok so I’ve applied ED1 to Emory but I’m applying ED2 to NYU. I plan on applying to Liberal Studies at NYU. this is my profile- Stats
UW GPA-3.75
W GPA-4.25
SAT-1480 (M-770, CRW-710)
Will take 7 AP classes throughout high school . 13 Honors classes

Extracurriculars
Student Government,
Officer in MUN club ,
Mock Trial team(we won a competition),
We the people(state champions) ,
Leader of a poverty awareness group at my school ,
Leader of investment club ,
Ethics Bowl,
National Honors Society ,
Have advocated for certain bills and have talked to local politicians about them,
Summer school at NYU,
Volunteered with a local city council ,
Student Legislative Assembly,
Quiz bowl-1 year,
My grandfather runs one of the largest volunteering organizations within India and I have worked with that for a long time. That organization has won awards from the Government of India and UNICEF. I have many inspiring stories from there.
Internship in the summer with a lawyer

In 2018, the results came out on December 13th at 3:45pm

I applied ed1 to CAS tooo omg but yall gpa’s are higher than mine :confused:

@justjoshin21 GPA doesn’t matter. I guess u got 3.2 or more. Its a holistic approach, many get in with lower gpa, but rest everything is very strong in terms of EC, LOR and mainly ESSAYS.

Hey there ! I applied to Steinhardt as well, majoring in Global Health with a Psychology Concentration!!

Did everyone receive a mail from College Board to submit IDOC forms?

@Nithinng idk what IDOC is but “NYU does not participate in IDOC and you should not send copies of taxes or W2 statements unless we specifically request them. … Most scholarships at NYU are based on a combination of need and merit.”

edit: I’m not actually sure cuz that was from nyu via a google search but then on the collegeboard list they list that nyu requires idoc???/ i didn’t get an email tho

@w11nf0 Yeah even I read it from the website that we shouldn’t submit unless they request. But they had requested 2 days before. I am international student, and have to submit IDOC. I think this only applies for people who wants financial aid? Did you opt for financial aid? I had called the admissions office 4 days ago and they said my application was under review. So they might also ask you for IDOC once they are reviewing you file and if you opted for financial aid…

Did they say this is specifically for NYU? Have you applied to other colleges? My daughter applied/was accepted ED a couple of years ago and I do not remember an IDOC request for her application, or for anything other than what was submitted initially with FAFSA/CSS. (She did get a request from Tulane for something additional, I don’t recall the details as she had been admitted to NYU so was withdrawing her Tulane application. ) It is possibly also due to being an international applicant.

@SJ2727 Yes, NYU had requested for IDOC, probably due to ED1 applicant. When I applied last year, i did not get this request as well. NYU clearly states no one should send IDOC forms unless they ask about it from the applicant. Maybe its because I opted for financial aid?

They will only send this request for those who have applied for aid, but it does not (for NYU) go to all those who do. My daughter was also ED1, so it’s not that. I’m thinking it’s more likely because you’re international than just applying for aid - the domestic applicants will usually have the relevant financial info automatically uploaded into their applications via FAFSA/the IRS link in that. Perhaps other international applicants will comment on whether they have received the same request. (My understanding is that all applications are assessed by the FA office at the same time as the admissions office are evaluating, at least for ED, given the short time frame. It may be different for RD and hence why you didn’t get asked last year?)

I also applied ED to NYU and have not received any emails/notifications for IDOC. I also tried signing into IDOC today, however it wouldn’t let me (I had all the right info and all that) and I believe it’s because at least for me: “1.Your school has not asked you to complete IDOC. Please check with your school to make sure they want you to complete IDOC.” as the reason for why I couldn’t sign in

@SJ2727 Last year I was not accepted, so would that be a reason? Or else why didn’t they ask last year and I was rejected from NYU. This year is the best application I can submit to NYU. I don’t know to be honest. Let’s see.