NYU ED I Class of 2025

@w11nf0 Exactly because last year when I applied I didn’t get any mails regarding IDOC and got rejected. And this year i got a mail. So I was confused.

@kaylani45 By the way did u apply for MLK scholars? Submitted the essay? I have not seen any international student accepted for that program as far as I know.

There was probably no due date because they put it in the email. But yea I think you’re fine. And yess I did apply to MLK but I have no idea how competitive it will be now because they made us write an essay this year. What did you write about?? Because we the first ones to do this so we kinda went off on nothing :sob:

ok so if i didn’t get any sort of request for IDOC from NYU could that mean i was rejected? i feel like everyone got this idoc request thing but me so i’m just kind of confused, especially since the nyu site says they don’t participate in it!

@emmakate02 I think there have only been 2 people so far that have gotten the request, so I’m hoping it doesn’t have any correlation :slight_smile: I’m also pretty sure that financial aid works separately from admissions.

thanks that’s reassuring!! hoping for no correlation :))

1 Like

i was honestly reading into it a bit too but one of my friends said that bc nyu is so notoriously stingy with aid they might have just not asked you for idoc if you’re remotely above the threshold of income ranges they give aid to, not necessarily bc you’ve gotten rejected so let’s all hope for the best haha

2 Likes

that’s good to hear! If I get in, I’m expecting no aid so that would make sense.

2 Likes

got it thanks! yea i’m probably not going to get much if any aid so hopefully that’s the reason!

I got the request but I don’t think there’s any correlation. I applied to NYU through an in-state scholarship since I live in NYC so they probably just confirming my income.

@kaylani45 Dude I wrote about empathy and wording mostly related to whatever MLK sir has done when he was alive. I wrote 100 words about his work and was able to relate to him. Wrote that MLK sir following a religion and how well he put forth the ideas for everyone without discriminating any religion. So I wrote similar to that. Then the last 250 words, i wrote what all changes I shall bring and with the help of mid and sounded people with me in the MLK scholars committee. I never knew we were the first one’s to write about the MLK scholars!! That is why I was suprised earlier when i literally found no essay on MLK scholar, makes sense.

@anklis @moistegg03 @emmakate02
Hey! There is no correlation as such. The only reason why I got asked was because of my family income I guess. We don’t make more than $20.000 p.a. I spoke to one of the international student from London and he said they are asking to calculate the aid. For international students, NYU is need aware for all the three decision rounds.

The way we (international students) gets in is different than domestic. I got into NYU shanghai in 2018 and my IDOC was not asked but that could be because its in shanghai. In New York City campus, IDOC usually gets requested to international student. I am not saying people are at disadvantage, all I am telling is it doesn’t make sense. As NYU doesn’t participate in IDOC and when they asked me personally, I just wanted to share with you guys if one of you got requested to send IDOC, especially international students…

Main point is that Early decision, the admissions committee doesn’t have time to check the international students financial aid as well as there is very limited time to check everyone’s financial need. In case if i get in, financial aid will be ready as I am an early decision 1 applicant. If i get rejected then no financial aid. As simple as that.

1 Like

And there is no point of us discussing this lol, I only asked if someone else other than me got requested :). Best of luck you all! Cant wait!! another 13-15 days the decisons will be out and I am scared and tensed as hell

That sounds really great. Can I ask if your portal says your financial aid was verified? Mine says awaiting & Im getting a little nervous lol

@kaylani45 Mine still does man :/. It says awaiting. I called the financial aid office and they said it will be taken care of. But I’m still worried tbh.

Ohh okay if they said that then it’s fine I guess. Good luck !! Decisions could come out next week since it’s always like 2-3 days early :tired_face:

do you think they could come out on the 10th? i heard they like to release on the thursday before the 15th, but it’s never been 5 days early before

It really could but it seems sooo early. Maybe on the 14th? Or do they ever release it on the weekend bc 2-3 days before seems like their target to release results. Either way I’m so nervous I feel like I don’t have the guts to check lmao

yeah i agree the 10th is a bit too early but i’ve never heard of them posting on weekends before ahhhh this is so stressful

1 Like

I really hope it’s gonna be released on the 10th like ngl it does sound pretty early be we shall see.

1 Like