Off-campus Housing: Neighborhoods

<p>I'm a transfer student so I won't be able to live on campus. Can any current or old students please help me determine what areas are safe to live in?</p>

<p>I'm looking on craigslist for rooms to rent, but have no idea if the neighborhoods are safe. Generally, is anything around the campus OK?</p>

<p>Thanks for the help...</p>

<p>The area right around campus in Coral gables is very nice. Try to find something that borders campus, not crossing the street (Dixie Hwy.) </p>

<p>Across Dixie and Kendall area should be OK. </p>

<p>There are areas you will not want to live in. IF you can post a street or address (or PM) I’ll have my son googlemap it to try and give you advice.</p>

<p>Most of the listings seem to be in the square area NORTH of Dixie and SOUTH of SW 8TH Street and EAST of SW 27TH Ave and WEST of SW 72ND Ave</p>

<p>If that makes any sense. One nice looking listing on Douglas Rd (aka 37th Ave) and SW 16 Street.</p>

<p>just bumbing the message to keep people interested. If anyone has any advice on off-campus housing would greatly appreciate it.</p>

<p>Thanks so much in advance.</p>

<p>A nice area to live is in South Miami along Ludlam Rd. There are three apartment complexes there that a lot of students live in: Oasis, Ludlam Point, and Gables Court (also Sunwood, although not as many students live there, it’s not as nice as the others). A lot of students live in houses between Red and Ludlam Rds (SW 57th ave and SW 67th ave) south of Bird Rd (SW 40th st), that’s a good area to live if you’re looking to live in a house. Other apartment complexes where a lot of students live are Red Road Commons, University Inn, Valencia, The Cloisters and Merrick Park.</p>

<p>Thanks MiamiCane! Big help with the info on Red and Ludlam. :)</p>