Off-campus or On-campus for transfer?

<p>Hey guys,</p>

<p>For a sophomore transfer student like me, which option is better? I'm living off-campus at my current college and I love it. I like to be free, independent and plus, it's easy to meet friends and party off-campus. But then the thing is since I'm new to the university I don't know if living on-campus would help me get to know people or not. Please help me :) What do you guys think ?</p>

<p>More than one half of dorm residents will be freshmen, the rest mostly sophomores. However, there is a transfer house for people like you. Look into that option. It would save you from finding an apartment in an unknown city et al as well as link you to other students.</p>

<p>Many many people will be looking for off campus roommates to share a house or flat. It is usally cost efficient and a good way to meet people quickly. Some households do extensive interviews of prospective roommates and others take the first one with a check in hand. There is a relatively small area of the dorms for transfers if you prefer that.</p>

<p>Look at the housing UW site off campus interactive housing link. You can get an idea of locations and rents in the campus area. The fall 2012 info will be available in a month or so, but students don’t need to find apartments until second semester (after winter break), even late spring for those wanting to live alone.</p>

<p>Hey thanks for the replies guys. Off-campus sounds more of a good fit. I’ve heard that the dorm are only good for freshman, and I’m already passed that phase. I prefer to live with students who are already familiar with the area so they can show me around. You guys have any recommendations on the area? For example which part of the town is good, what is it like…I heard State street is pretty awesome.</p>

<p>I totally forgot to mention…I’m transferring in the Winter 2012 term, not Fall 2012</p>

<p>…There is no “Winter 2012” term as far as I’m aware. Do you mean spring? As in second semester?</p>

<p>Yes, my bad I meant spring as the second semester.</p>