OFFICIAL 2014 African American Results Thread

<p>Yeah. I’ve realized she isn’t the “Superwoman” she claims to be, but I still like her music. I just can’t look at her the same way. It’s sad because I chose her for my NYU supplement. She was the main reason for their divorce. So not only did she cause the divorce, she waited for it too. But I digress.</p>

<p>Congrats @justadream I’m gonna start checking my spam box now lol</p>

<p>SWARTHMORE!!! ACCEPTED EARLY!!! Along with an early Lehigh acceptance. I’m on cloud nine! :-O</p>

<p>Objective:
SAT I: CR: 680 M 660 W 680
SAT II:
Math IIC: 660
Biology: 730</p>

<p>ACT: 30 (Didn’t send)
English: 33
Math: 31
Reading: 30
Science: 27</p>

<p>AP US: 3
AP Euro: 4
AP Bio: 5</p>

<p>Total:
7 AP/IB Courses
6 Honors Courses</p>

<p>School does not rank or calculate GPA.</p>

<p>Leadership:
Captain of Cross Country Team (Varsity)
Captain of Track Team (Varsity)
Founder and President of Improv. Club-it currently has 20 members and is very active in the community.
Vice President of Whole School Concert Choir
Lead Actor in church acting troupe
I’m part of school’s advanced choir</p>

<p>Academic Awards:
AP Scholar Award
National Achievement Scholar</p>

<p>Athletic Awards:
Prep Champion 2008 XC Season
Second Team All Conference Champion
Numerous Medals
2008 XC Season
15th Overall at 2009 State Meet in 400m
2009 XC Season
Top 20 at Newark Academy Invitational
State Champion – Team 3rd Place – Meet of Champions
1st team all-conference champion</p>

<p>Employment:
CVS from July 2008-May 2009
Office Manager - Summer 2009</p>

<p>^Amazing. Congrats, thefranchize9. Keep on making us Haitians proud. :D</p>

<p>@franchize SAME, i got in early too! hell yeah! congratulations to you! i’m sooooooooo happy! that was an unexpectedly good end to a difficult week lol.</p>

<p>i also got into spelman </p>

<p>ok guys and how am i supposed to interpret this? cornell just sent me an email inviting me to cornell days, which i thought is only for admitted students, but the email didnt even say anything like “congratulation on your acceptance” or something like that, how do i read this? they also sent me a link to a site only for accepted student, i dont wanna get my hopes up just yet :/</p>

<p>^Be cautiously excited. At least it’s not a bad sign, right?</p>

<p>Congrats Franchize and Bellanaija. Im starting to get really nervous. I haven’t gotten accepted to any schools yet. :frowning: Not a good sign</p>

<p>bellanaija, i think the email u got was a likely letter. i just read a thread about someone who got this letter. here it is:</p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/cornell-university/880262-likely-letter.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/cornell-university/880262-likely-letter.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>If this is what you got then you’re probably in…</p>

<p>yeah i actually just posted on that thread to hopefully get some more feedback cuz i was really confused lol, if it really is one, then im ecstatic-lets just hope i get good financial aid from cornell now because thats all that really matters, if i get good aid from cornell than its likely that i’ll go there</p>

<p>congrats,franchize you totally deserve it! :)</p>

<p>Justadream , Congrats !!! Did you attend the FLY IN WEEK END PROGRAM ? I applied and have not heard yet . Not good . But , I did not apply for aid . Not sure if this makes a differnce or not. This is great news ! A full ride at USNEWS and WORLD REPORT’s Number 1 college . I happy for anyone whom can get accepted in Williams and receive a full ride. Be proud !</p>

<p>Lapras :</p>

<p>Were you accepted to Brown ED ?</p>

<p>thanks nil! i’m so happy right now!! haha</p>

<p>@franchize is swarthmore one of your top schools?</p>

<p>Hey everyone, I got two likely letters from Oberlin and Swarthmore! Whoo! </p>

<p>I’m in at four schools, waiting on the other four (Ivies pretty much)</p>

<p>Me too…I’m waiting on 3 Ivies and Stanford. Then, USC, BU, and Northwestern.</p>

<p>Accepted: Amherst, Middlebury</p>

<p>Likely: Duke, Columbia</p>

<p>Waitlisted: WUSTL</p>

<p>Denied: MIT</p>

<p>Stats:</p>

<p>1400 SAT (Math and Verbal)
President of several school organizations, several different ECs.
4.25/3.91 Cum GPA
1/280 Rank
Low income, applied for financial aid.</p>

<p>Accepted cornell! Ahh!!</p>

<p>WHOA! Congrats, thefranchize! Man, you are making me nervous over here! I still have about 18-19 days left lol!</p>

<p>don’t be, all of the AA’s on this board are simply amazing. I’m not worried about any of you guys, seriously! lol</p>

<p>Accepted: MIT!!!</p>