<ul>
<li>SAT I (breakdown): none</li>
<li>ACT: 28</li>
<li>SAT II: none</li>
<li>Unweighted GPA: 3.8 Weighted: 4.0</li>
<li>Rank: 7/350</li>
<li>AP: Chemistry(4), US History(5), Biology(5), Psychology(5),</li>
<li>IB: none</li>
<li>Senior Year Course Load: AP Marco/Micro Economics, French V, Honors Physics, AP European History, AP Literature, AP Calculus</li>
<li>Major Awards: I won a college essay contest, AP Scholar</li>
</ul>

<p>Subjective:</p>

<ul>
<li>Extracurriculars: National Honor Society, Varsity policy debate (captain), French Honor Society, Varsity tennis (captain) Hebrew Tutor,</li>
<li>Job/Work Experience: Best Buy (3 years),</li>
<li>Volunteer/Community service: Feed My Starving Children, Neighborhood outreach.</li>
<li>Summer Activities: Tennis tournaments</li>
<li>Essays: I talked about how visiting foreign countries has enhanced my classroom experience</li>
<li>Teacher Recommendation: Great!</li>
<li>Counselor Rec: Do not Know</li>
<li>Additional Rec: none</li>
<li>Interview: Went really well. Talked about everything from academics to girls lol</li>
</ul>

<p>Other</p>

<ul>
<li>Applied for Financial Aid?: no</li>
<li>Intended Major: International Relations-Political Science</li>
<li>State: Minnesota</li>
<li>Country:</li>
<li>School Type: Above average public school,</li>
<li>Ethnicity: white</li>
<li>Gender: male</li>
<li>Income Bracket: >250k</li>
<li>Hooks: Maybe the interview?</li>
</ul>

<p>Reflection</p>

<ul>
<li>Strengths: high GPA, pretty well rounded</li>
<li>What you tried to focus on in your application: Hard for me to explain.</li>
<li>Weaknesses: ACT, lack of volunteering</li>
<li>Why you think you were accepted/waitlisted/rejected: Maybe being from Minnesota? And in my opinion being somewhat worldly helped as well.</li>
<li>Where else were you accepted/waitlisted/rejected: accepted to University of Minnesota, University of Oregon, Case Western, Fordham, and Tulane</li>
</ul>

<p>Decision: Accepted</p>

<p>Date decision received: January 29, 2011
Accepted at which school/major at Miami: College of Arts and Sciences.</p>

<p>Stats:
SAT Total: 2030 M: 610, CR: 730, WR: 690,
ACT: N/A
SAT Subject Tests: N/A
GPA-UW/W: 3.55/5.5 (out of 6)
AP/IB classes: AP World (4), AP Bio (4), AP Stats (3), AP Human Geo (4), APUSH (5), AP English Lang (4), AP Gov, AP English Lit
Essays: Fairly well written.
Teacher Recs: Amazing.
Counselor Rec: Amazing. She’s my teacher as well, so…
EC highlights: Ed-In-Chief of Yearbook 2 years. Major volunteer work.</p>

<p>Location/Person:
State or Country: FL
School Type: Public
Ethnicity: White
Other Factors, hook?: First Gen.</p>

<p>Any Other Information such as scholarships: Dickinson Scholarship. 20,000$/year.</p>

<p>Sandrock, how did you find out your scholarship?</p>

<p>It came in the package in the mail. Inside the acceptance booklet there was a pocket, and a certificate with the award and amount.</p>

<p>Sandrock, where in Florida do you live?</p>

<p>I live in the Miami area.</p>

<p>Sandrock, for those of us who have not received our packets, would you please help us understand the scholarship? So, you’ve been awarded the Dickinson scholarship (congrats!). Do you have to show up for the Singer weekend in order to get it? Or, is that weekend just for those competing for the Singer full-ride scholarship? Did you get an invite for the Singer weekend? And, what happens to all those students who show up for that Singer weekend who don’t get the Singer scholarship? Do they already have the Dickinson or one of the others that aren’t full-ride? Thanks!!</p>

<p>I hadn’t even heard about the Singer weekend (or scholarship, for that matter) until I looked on this forum after recieving my acceptance. In my package, it does not mention the Singer weekend at all. All the information I recieved was a certificate announcing my award and the amount, and one sheet of paper that details the requirements to maintin the scholarship for 4 years. I think that the Singer weekend, therefore, is only for those competing for the scholarship, although I don’t know much about that situation at all. Sorry I wasn’t able to be more help. :/</p>

<p>Singer invites come with the 24,000 scholarship in the packet. Not all people who get the 24,000 get an invite, however. At the Singer weekend, you interview for the Singer scholarship and then hear back a few weeks later. Many who do not get the Singer get either 2000 extra per year or 4000 extra per year and offers for a Foote fellowship go to some, but not all.
So, there are many different ways this could go. Best of luck to all!</p>

<p>Objective:</p>

<p>[ul] [<em>] SAT I (breakdown):
[</em>] ACT: 33 Composite
[<em>] SAT II (if submitted): 790 Bio, 780 Chem, 710 Math1
[</em>] Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 93.1/100
[<em>] Grades in AP/IB/honors classes (if applicable): Too be updated later (this covers most of my classes)
[</em>] Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): n/a
[<em>] AP (place score in parenthesis): Physics B(4), US History(4), Calculus AB, Psychology, U.S. Government
[</em>] IB (place score in parenthesis): n/a
[<em>] Extracurriculars (place leadership and number of years participated in a certain activity in parenthesis): To be updated
[</em>] Job/Work Experience: n/a
[<em>] Volunteer/Community service: To be updated
[</em>] General Essay (subject and personal opinions on it): To be updated
[<em>] Teacher Recommendation (only if you saw it): Didn’t see it.
[</em>] Counselor Rec (only if you saw it): Didn’t see it.
[li] Additional Rec (only if you saw it): n/a[/ul]</p>[/li]
<p>[ul] [<em>] State (if domestic applicant): New York
[</em>] Country (if international applicant): n/a
[<em>] School Type: Public
[</em>] Ethnicity: Caucasian
[<em>] Gender: Male[/ul]

[ul][</em>]Strengths:
[<em>] Weaknesses:
[</em>] Why you think you were accepted/rejected:[/ul].</p>

<p>I got my packet with no scholarship in it :(</p>

<p>im in the northeast ¶. when do yu think our packets will come? did anyone other than people in FL receive theirs yet?</p>

<p>I’m in Ohio, and I wouldn’t expect the packets today, and it would arrive, at the earliest, on Monday.</p>

<p>has anyone actually got the singer invite? does it come w/ your acceptance packet or later on?</p>

<p>Got the letter today. 3.7 and 2080 and NO scholarship. Disappointed bc no chance now of going… :/</p>

<p>i live in ft. lauderdale florida and i still havent got my packet. some people that live in the neighborhoods around me have gotten theirs already :S</p>

<p>Date decision received: 1/28/2011
Accepted at which school/major at Miami: CAS/Biology</p>

<p>Stats:
SAT Total: M 770; CR 620; WR 680; Composite 2070
ACT: 33 Superscored (31 Single sitting)
SAT Subject Tests: 770 Math 1; 680 Chem
GPA-UW 3.78 (when applied) Weighted: 6.68 (when applied)
AP/IB classes: AP World History, AP Govt, AP English Lit, AP Psychology, AP Calc BC
IB Calculus, IB English HL, IB History HL, IB Biology HL, IB Spanish SL, IB Chem SL
Subjective:
Essays: Pretty good: about feeding the homeless
Teacher Recs: Pretty good
Counselor Rec: Pretty good
EC highlights: 650+ hours of Community Service; volleyball; basketball; volunteered at 2 hospitals; went to downtown to give food to homeless</p>

<p>Location/Person:
State or Country: Florida
School Type: Pretty competitive
Ethnicity: Asian
Other Factors, hook?: First gen immigrant</p>

<p>Any Other Information such as scholarships:<br>
Got the University Scholarship :D!!!</p>

<p>Date decision received: 1/29/2011
Accepted at which school/major at Miami: Economics</p>

<p>Stats:
SAT Total: M 640; CR 770; WR 760; Composite 2170
SAT Subject Tests: 700 Literature, 730 Us History
GPA-Idk wat it is UW, our school has a weird scale
AP/IB classes: AP US, Bio, Euro , Calc, English Lit, Human Geo, Comp Gov, Gov Pol, Physics c
Subjective:
Essays: good
Teacher Recs: good
Counselor Rec: good
EC highlights: Forensics</p>

<p>Location/Person:
State or Country: Florida
School Type: Pretty competitive
Ethnicity: Asian
Other Factors, hook?: </p>

<p>Any Other Information such as scholarships:
dickinson scholarship</p>

<p>this is really frustratingggg. my myum account STILL hasn’t been updated with a decision. what the heck???</p>

<p>Stats:
SAT Total: 2140
ACT: 35
SAT Subject Tests: Bio(M)-740, Math 1-710, Math 2-750
GPA-UW/W: 4.00/5.3
AP/IB classes: Environmental Science, Biology, World History, Human Geography, Psychology, US History, Chemistry, English Language
Subjective:
Essays: common app was alright
Teacher Recs: didn’t send any
Counselor Rec: good, i think
EC highlights: mu alpha theta, mission trips, NHS, Spanish Honor Society</p>

<p>Location/Person:
State or Country: FL
School Type: public
Ethnicity: white
Other Factors, hook?: none</p>

<p>Just so you guys know, I went to myum.miami.edu and put in my log-in info, and my acceptance popped up on screen. I checked today (1/29) but I think they came out earlier. No use waiting for a paper packet :slight_smile: I haven’t heard back about scholarships yet…does anyone know how they notify you?</p>