*Official EA Results Thread*

<p>ZincWhiskers: Congrats! I will be applying next year to the Rosenstiel School for class of 2016 with roughly the same stats, so I have high hopes now! :)</p>

<p>got my Singer scholarship invite email!</p>

<p>mangofan, did the invite email mention anything about the Stamps Scholarship?</p>

<p>Mango, was the Singer email also in your myUM account as a message? Was it an actual invitation or a “we are considering you for a Singer” note?
~Zinc</p>

<p>Decision: Accepted
Date decision received in NY mail: 1/31/2011
Accepted to: School of Communication (Advertising Marketing major)</p>

<p>Objective:
SAT Total: didn’t send
ACT: 31 composite (English:35, Math:28, Reading:34, Science:28)
SAT Subject Tests: didn’t take
GPA- 3.66/4.0
AP/IB classes: Environmental Science (4) Lang/Comp (4) World History (3) & currently taking Lit/Comp and Gov/Pol (all other classes are honors/college cred)</p>

<p>Subjective:
Essays: legit amazing
Teacher Recs: didn’t see
Counselor Rec: didn’t see
EC highlights: Ski team for 3 years- JV and Varsity captain, DECA member (held fundraiser and VP positions), English Honors Society (co-vp), History and Art honors societies as well, art classes (outside of school) since grade 3, and a few other minor ones.</p>

<p>Location/Person:
State or Country: new york
School Type: Public
Ethnicity: White
Other Factors, hook?: -</p>

<p>Any Other Information such as scholarships: Nothing, which was a little surprising but whatev, UM isn’t really my top choice anyway, probably won’t attend.</p>

<p>Decision: Accepted
Date decision received in Chicago mail: 1/31/2011
Accepted to: Motion Pictures in School of Communications</p>

<p>Objective:
SAT Total: Didn’t take
ACT: 31 composite (English:34, Math:25, Reading:36, Science:30)
SAT Subject Tests: Didn’t take
GPA-UW/W: 3.6 Weighted
AP/IB classes: AP Language and Composition (5), currently taking AP English and AP Psych</p>

<p>Subjective:
Essays: My counselor said it was one of the best she’d ever read.
Teacher Recs: Didn’t see
Counselor Rec: Didn’t see
EC highlights: Fencing Varsity team member all four years, track team member freshman year, school radio station DJ all four years, head programmer on school’s radio station for junior and senior year, member of school’s radio station board of directors for three years (freshman can’t be on), volunteer swim instructor for school’s GUARD program, and a job a swim instructor for the past two summers.</p>

<p>Location/Person:
State or Country: Suburbs of Chicago
School Type: Public, competitive
Ethnicity: Half white, half Asian but my app said Asian
Other Factors, hook?: Illinois state scholar? Also, an award for sportsmanship from the school board.</p>

<p>Any Other Information such as scholarships: I really want to go. UM is in my top three for schools now! Good luck to everyone in RD and congrats to the class of 2015!!!</p>

<p>marinebio444: no, i thought stamps was only for music majors.</p>

<p>zincwhiskers: it was the invitation and it was through my email.</p>

<p>Hello, My son was accepted last week to the U of M with the University scholarship. We have not recieved anything yet for the Singer invite. We live in NV.Has anyone on the west coast recieved an invite? Thank you.</p>

<p>I’m late in posting my decision, but here it is. I applied EA, had a delay, got in after EA people but before RD people.</p>

<p>Decision: Accepted</p>

<p>Objective:</p>

<p>[ul] [<em>] SAT I (breakdown): 2280 (800, 720, 760)
[</em>] ACT: N/A
[<em>] SAT II (if submitted): 760 USH, 790 LIT, 800 WH
[</em>] Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.65
[<em>] Grades in AP/IB/honors classes (if applicable): Dual enrollment, college GPA 3.95
[</em>] Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): ~94th percentile
[<em>] AP (place score in parenthesis): Human Geo (5), World Hist (5)
[</em>] IB (place score in parenthesis): N/A
[<em>] Extracurriculars (place leadership and number of years participated in a certain activity in parenthesis): Debate (Pres), Latin (Pres), Phi Theta Kappa (VP)
[</em>] Job/Work Experience: N/A
[<em>] Volunteer/Community service: Few hundred hours
[</em>] General Essay (subject and personal opinions on it): Social revolution, good I think
[<em>] Teacher Recommendation (only if you saw it): Didn’t, probably good
[</em>] Counselor Rec (only if you saw it): Did, very good
[li] Additional Rec (only if you saw it): N/A[/ul]</p>[/li]
<p>[list] [<em>] State (if domestic applicant): FL
[</em>] Country (if international applicant):
[<em>] School Type: Large public, ~2000 students
[</em>] Ethnicity: Gael-Mheirice</p>

<p>Hey guys, does anyone know when we should start applying for housing?</p>

<p>Also, should we hear about financial aid tentative awards anytime soon?</p>