OFFICIAL Early Action Thread! ( Purdue Class of 2018)

<p>By the way I got accepted into mechanical engineering from India.!!!</p>

<p>Still nothing :frowning: the wait is killing me.</p>

<p>I’m in the same boat as you man. The email said if you sent your application in before november 1st it may be delayed… which is lame.</p>

<p>@Jqlars42 I applied on November 6th :frowning: Hopefully we find out soon!</p>

<p>What i am finding annoying is the head of admissions has congratulated the class of 2018 on twitter while many of us still wait to hear our decision</p>

<p>Anyone know how late they will keep updating the system?</p>

<p>It’ll be updated continuously until Sunday night. Hang in there guys! And for those wondering:</p>

<p>Accepted College Of Technology
GPA: 3.83
ACT: 29</p>

<p>My son received his Purdue acceptance today at 5:05 PM. College of Health and Human Sciences. 3.8 WGPA, 35 ACT</p>

<p>Do you get an email to notify you that your decision is up?</p>

<p>Decision: Accepted (College of Engineering: Electrical & Computer Engineering)</p>

<p>GPA: 3.67uw 4.1w
ACT: 31 (29 E, 34 M, 27 R, 34 S)</p>

<p>Very happy. I also got into University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign for Physics. Probably will go to wherever is cheaper :)</p>

<p>@ Johnknightw: Yes (I got the email at 5:10 pm eastern)</p>

<p>This is the email I got:</p>

<p>Dear (my name),</p>

<p>You’re in! It gives me great pleasure to congratulate you on your admission to Purdue.</p>

<p>All your hard work has paid off, and now you’re ready for your next exciting chapter – making your dreams a reality at one of the best universities in the country.</p>

<p>On behalf of the entire Purdue community I offer a heartfelt “Well done” and the very warmest of welcomes. You did it. You’re a Boilermaker now.</p>

<p>See your next steps to becoming a Boilermaker »</p>

<p>Sincerely,</p>

<p>Pamela T. Horne
Dean of Admissions</p>

<p>P.S. Make a buzz – tag your tweets and posts with #OnlyPurdue!</p>

<p>Cool, thanks</p>

<p>Decision: Accepted (First Year Engineering)</p>

<p>Objective:[ul]
[<em>] SAT I (breakdown):
[</em>] ACT: 33 C, 33 R, 34 M, 35 E, 36 S, 8 W, 35 SS
[<em>] Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.51
[</em>] Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): top 1/3
[<em>] Senior Year Course Load: 3 AP’s
[</em>] Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): a few local/state ones for math and french
[/ul][ b]Subjective:[ul]
[<em>] Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): Swimming, Speech, no leadership
[</em>] Job/Work Experience: none
[<em>] Volunteer/Community service: a little
[</em>] Summer Activities: one for engineering
[<em>] Essays: ehhh…
[/ul][ b]Other

[li] State (if domestic applicant): North Dakota[/li][</em>] Country (if international applicant):
[<em>] Ethnicity: white
[</em>] Gender: male
[<em>] Income Bracket: 200k+
[</em>] Hooks (URM, first generation college, etc.): none
Reflection
[<em>] Strengths: Upward Trend, ACT
[</em>] Weaknesses: GPA, Extracurriculars
[<em>] Why you think you were accepted/waitlisted/rejected:
[</em>] Where else were you accepted/waitlisted/rejected:
Accepted: Iowa State, Purdue
Deferred: UIUC
General Comments:</p>

<p>I don’t know if i’ll be able to sleep without a decision</p>

<p>I feel ya man. I was expecting to get it today and this delay doesn’t help my stress level…</p>

<p>If y’all think the notification process is brutal, wait until you actually take classes here! Haha. Congrats to those to have been accepted! If you choose to come here, you’ll love it. :)</p>

<p>I am from Nairobi Kenya
moved to the US in dec. 2010: Started US education as a second semester 9th Grader</p>

<p>8 APs
AP Lit, AP Bio, AP Chem, AP lang(2, HATE ENGLISH!!!), AP Macro(4), AP Micro(3), AP World(4), AP NSL(3)</p>

<p>All other classes Honors </p>

<p>M:550 cr:520 WRT:550</p>

<p>Tons of Extra circular activities: E.g internships at the NIH,French and Science Honor society tutor,Hospital Volunteering AND ABOUT 439 Community service Hours(I started earning this within arrival into the U.S ) </p>

<p>GPA :3.38
WGPA: 3.89</p>

<p>Bad GPA cause of transition of lifestyle and the like u get the drift</p>

<p>Hey mbuthia1000, did you get in?</p>

<p>Requirement Received Note Status
Official HS Transcript Nov 12, 2013 ********** High School<br>
ACT/SAT Test Scores Nov 04, 2013 Test Date 05-OCT-2013<br>
ACT/SAT Writing Score Nov 04, 2013 Test Date 05-OCT-2013<br>
CA Writing Supplement Nov 10, 2013 BDM (AUTOBDMS)</p>

<p>^Although the Purdue App Status page says that they didn’t receive my materials until Nov 10th and 12th, I have proof (through the Common App) that all my materials were submitted before the Nov 8 deadline. Did this happen to anyone else?</p>

<p>Fifteen kids from my high school applied, some have received their decisions and some have not. All of the students submitted their apps on times and our guidance office sent the transcripts in October yet we all have dates of November 8th or later for the day that the transcripts were received. Students have been accepted with transcripts being received around the 15th so I would not worry AT ALL!</p>