***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

@path2md I got the acceptance email as well, but no supplemental

Hey all, I received my official Penn State interview email today. The interview is scheduled for Wednesday, February 8 in case anyone wanted to know the date. It says that there is no flexibility in scheduling. Happy to answer any other questions regarding the email.

@503POR and @path2md - My DD also got admitted into Hofstra but did not get an email - we found out when she logged into her account. Did the Email mention anything about the MD application ?

Just checked and saw that I am on Step 3 for my Rochester application. It says “The admission counselor for your territory has completed his/her review. Your application is now with one of our senior second readers.”

I am now on Step 4 for Rochester-is it a good or bad thing that it moved along so quickly??? I remember the application was due on Dec 1 and it’s only Dec 14

My REMS application has also moved to Step 3 at last…

Rochester is mainly processing ED applications till recently but if AOs are done with their ED stack they go thrunning RD stack. So don’t put too much into the status. My S is also at step 4.

Finally on step 4, I really hope I get into REMS.

@BS_MD2017, the email just said "You are in! Get ready to change the world " It was on the Hofstra logo. Nothing else. The portal has more details!! But no mention of MD program.

@chocolatina1001 what does it say on your mypennstate?

DD got interview confirmation email from Penn State just now

@BS_MD2017 Congrats! Assuming it is the same date as mine, February 8?

@screenname2017 "We will be notifying Sydney Kimmel Medical College of your candidacy, and they will be in contact with you regarding an interview at Thomas Jefferson University.

If you are not selected for this specific program, you will be considered for general admission to the Eberly College of Science."

@str82med Did you receive an email today about “admissions” from SBU?

@truemed yes. i got an email today saying that I was accepted to SBU undergrad

My D also received the Penn State email invite for interview on Feb. 8. What kind of interview format is it? Thanks.

:frowning: I have not heard back from either Penn state or St. Bonaventure. What is happening…

Did anyone get interview notifications from Drexel today?

My son’s portal is updated and he is accepted into BME. No mention of interview though!

@fhgeogng have you heard back from Drexel already?