***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

@j.inch135_anon From our experience last cycle, It means your on a waitlist. Your application is under review because there are candidates who are ahead of you. If they are not who Jefferson is looking for as the interview process goes along, you may be notified for an interview at a later date. Otherwise after the 6 weeks you will be notified that you are not accepted to the BSMD program.

@Doctorbellam thanks for info. My honors interview is scheduled for Jan 20.

Called Penn State today and they said the interview notification stuff should start coming out in a week or so.

@Empire007 Thank you!

Anyone else get the interview for St. Bonaventure?

@Empire007 - If the website says the following, does that mean the candidate is rejected for consideration for the BSMD program?
Your application is currently under review. We have received everything required to complete your application. Once a decision is made, it will be posted here.

@Mom22DDs No not necessarily. We saw a similar messages like that message with a couple of programs, for one my kid got an interview call after a few weeks and the other was ultimately a interview rejection after several weeks. I think it means exactly what it says, the school received everything the applicant was responsible for sending in and it will be under review for the next several weeks. I know that these portal updates can drive prople crazy as we all try to decipher the meaning of every word that is written, but as hard as it is, try to think positive and hang in there. Don’t think your applicant is rejected until it finally happens officially. Trust me I understand the anxiety that your going thru

Thank you @Empire007 ! I guess no news is better than bad news :slight_smile:

@str82med No not yet. Are they already rolling out interview notifications? I haven’t heard anything, in fact, from St. Bonaventure

anyone here apply to toledo? if so, is honors college application required?

@Empire007 my status for Penn State changed from “Your application is currently under review. We have received everything required to complete your application. Once a decision is made, it will be posted here.” to “your application is currently under review by your academic department. You should receive an admission decision within six weeks.”

I don’t necessarily think that the latter statement signifies that you are on the waitlist and that there are other candidates ahead of you, but rather that your application is simply being reviewed at the time, nothing more nothing less. If I’m correct I think Penn state releases undergrad decisions on a rolling basis by Jan 31. I don’t think that those who submitted their application last minute will be at a disadvantage because it is typically mentioned on the site if this is the case. So I guess what the main point I’m trying to get across is that having the 2nd message listed above on your status does not mean that you are second-priority in terms of application review for the BS/MD program.

I got an email this morning saying I was invited for the first phase of interviews (st. Bonaventure conducts interview first and then they forward you on to GWU)

@Doctorbellam, My son got accepted to Toledo Honor college. He was invited to apply to Jesup Scott Honors College. Toledo BS/MD however is not guaranteed. Do you have info on the acceptance rate to Toledo Med school from Bioengineering program? My son got supplement for Union/AMC and RPI/AMC as well.

@Empire007 @narkor and others familiar with AMC supplements:
if someone received the Union/AMC supplement but not the RPI/AMC supplement (or vice-versa), given comments that those two are related, does that mean they are turned down for the one they did not receive? Or, is there any notification for proper closure? If there is still a chance, would you know by when the chances are slim?

@Mom22DDs No it does not mean that RPI rejected the candidate yet. However if a candidate receives a Union supplement and then turns in the Union supplement and gets an interview date without hearing back from RPI that means the person was rejected by RPI because AMC schedules the interview at the same day and time for potential interview candidates for both Union and RPI. They don’t want a candidate to make 2 trips to Albany to interview.

Thank you @Empire007 . I just spent the most time I have so far on my DD’s college apps and wanted to summarize what I learnt on RPI and Union for others’ benefit.

If you apply to Union and RPI, and Union (or RPI) gets to your file first, then you will get a supplement from them. You should fill it out in time and send it back if you are interested in that program. Meanwhile, the wonderful Maria from AMC reviews applicants and flags dual applicants to both schools so each school can review those applicants in time for interview decisions. This is important because the Union-AMC and RPI-AMC interviews are the same day for the candidate. Maria was out recently and back now, so dual app lists will be shared soon. here’s hoping that everyone that received one supplement gets the other too :slight_smile:

In my DD’s case, she has Union supplement and is waiting on RPI. I called RPI and they said she has applied later than most (but within deadline) to RPI, and since they typically review apps by application date (something for juniors trolling this thread to note), her file has not even been opened yet. Once they receive the dual applicant list from AMC, they will review those applications and decision on them to ensure interviews can be scheduled on time (if selected). Anyone that got Union supplement could receive RPI supplement, but could be early Jan due to Holidays. I gather the same applies for those who got RPI supplement.

Hope that helps.

@Mom22DDs I think you have everything right in your summary and @Empire007 is right that once you receive an interview invite for one college the chances of a supplement for the other is almost negligible. Since your D applied late to RPI, her Union interview invite (even if it is ready) will be pending until RPI processes her UG application and gives their decision on whether they want to forward her app to AMC. This is something @GoldenRock eluded to in his post. There may be a time lag because of UG processing and supplement for one does not mean rejection from another.

My D’s applications were both submitted/ considered complete on Oct 30th and Nov 1st. After ~30 days of reviewing both UG applications she received RPI and Union supplements within a span of 10 days (Nov 30th for RPI and Dec 10th for Union). I guess her supplements were reviewed before the holidays because her interview invite for both came on Jan 4th early morning (1st working day of the year). In summary, for the juniors who are on this thread if anyone is applying to both schools, please do so early or around the same time to avoid the anxiety of waiting for one school versus the other.

Hope this helps ease any anxiety!!

Anyone heard from Hofstra? My son received acceptance email today. No mention about supplemental application though. He has applied to Penn State as well, but no updates on portal :frowning:

when do you guys think neomed will send out the interview decisions? Dec 19 or before?

@bunny101 Last year for OOS, interview notification on 12/29 and interview on 1/30 ( think it is only 1 day but multiple sessions on that day and it lasted 3 hours with general info, MMS format interview). Heard IS interview is on multiple days in Feb.