***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

Does anyone know if there is a preference for in-state students for the Stony Brook Scholars for Medicine program? Also how many students do they typically accept?

@anon9268 Yes and 5

I got an email that told me I was selected for a phone interview for TCNJ’s program. Does the “phone” aspect indicate anything, or is it just because I’m out of state and don’t want me to fly in?

I found this : “The first interview is with a Medical Career Advisor at TCNJ (telephone interviews are available only for applicants living far away). Assuming that is favorable, you will interview with a medical school admissions representative in Newark (this must be done in person).”

Can anyone post their experience with the TCNJ interview with Dr Shevlin?

I replied back to the TCNJ notification email asking if I could have a phone interview instead since it would be difficult for me to travel there from NY, especially since I heard the interview is just 15-20 minutes long anyway. My original interview is scheduled for Thursday and I’m sure the staff went back to work today but I didn’t receive a reply back. Any advice? I know they might reply back tomorrow or Wednesday but do you think I should call or if they don’t get back just take a train and bus to TCNJ? I hope requesting a phone interview doesn’t hurt my chances

@Charzard I did and have an interview

Anyone heard from BU yet?

@rsmith0208 - My S (and another student) got interview from BU and was posted here 10 days back.

@srk2017. I did not hear from anyone after that so I was wondering If anyone else got it? When did your son apply? what is the date of the interview?

Just got Siena interview!!

@rsmith0208 - He submitted the app at the end of October and teacher evaluation forms were sent in Mid Nov. Interview is on 01/20

@rsmith0208 I just got a call from Bu for the interview

anyone know when we will hear from VCU?

Got selected for an interview with Siena!!

@str82med When is your interview?

@os2017 - in last year’s application cycle VCU’s interview invite came via email on Jan 12th

@narkor awesome thanks

@misophoniax Did you receive a notification via physical mail or email?

Email @chasingdreams21