***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

That mean you guys got into Brown PLME wow congratulations that’s what I heard from Reddit as they usually take around 90 people.

Congratulations you guys got into Brown PLME !!!

I didn’t know that brown plme had 85 people intake?

Yes they take lot around 90 as far as I know total so may be is for everyone including ED and RD that got in as if you look on their website they have very old data but they have admitted like 90 people into PLME program.

I believe they take 60+ so probably offer to 80+.

@NoviceDad SAT is 1500, but submitted ACT which is 34. GPA is 3.97 (UW) 4.12 (W).
Only applied to 3 BSMD programs which got rejected. The other option is regular Undergrad path (Rutgers NB/Penn state/Baylor or local in Oregon).

Are you able to open the doc anon?

Ok the person who sent the email responded that the inability to open the doc was a sharing error on their part.

Thank you @mywish4u
You are very kind.

@purpledaisies - sent you a message.
But agree with @GoldenRock 's concern regarding the undergrad, especially considering your scores.

@suku1zar , did you get this email from Brown or a student of Brown ? What time did you recieve?

@purpledaisies
My cousin is in LECOM DO program now. She finished her 4 years UG at affiliated University, and matriculated into LECOM 2 years ago. She did not need to take MCAT since her SAT and UG GPA were above LECOM requirement. Her concerns right now is residency. It becomes harder for DO seniors to get residency after the combination of DO and MD residency program and changing USMLE step 1 to pass/fail. But she said it is still ok if you want residency in family doctor.

@anonon20 , Whom did you receive the email from and what time?

It was sent around 9:30 this morning from PLME student class of 2022

we can see list of emails sent to like 90 students, not sure if all got it or it could be a error.let us wait

@caguy2020 Thank you for sharing this info.
I hear LECOM residency match rate is ~97%. So, I am assuming you mean getting residencies for specialty areas is harder?

I will try and look for more info. Thank you for that insight, really appreciate it.

i received it at 12:13pm eastern time today & am still unable to open the document. i didn’t get another email from the sender though.

It seems some one pushed the send button early. Today is Ivy day starting 5:00 PM EST.

Actually medical schools do not require any specific major just some pre-requisite courses that have to be taken. You can major in anything but a few bs/md programs like PSU(PMM) have a specific major designed for their BS/MD.

@bsmdasp
You can post what you are looking for here and get good advise from many posters without paying thousands of dollars. Donate the money to some reputable charity doing good work in the world.

The email to PLME is correct and most likely an accident. They sent it to around 80 people and all 20 ED kids received it so it’s most likely legit!