***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

@MerkedXD I called RPI today. They told me it is up to AMC. AMC will send out interview request in email. If reject before interview, we will also get email. And AMC also notify RPI for rejection.

@gradedu,@BAMDHopeful, @brown2024,

My son received his interview confirmation for Upstate/ACPHS and the email says that login to the MyUpstate account interview portal for interview details. We tried to login but it seems that the system takes you back to as if you are applying again! Do you folks see the same issue or can you see your interview details and what did you use to login. Thanks

Looks like few BSMD interviews and regular UG decisions and UG scholarship decisions are out today. GL to all!

any insight on rutgers folks? did everything go out today?

@screenshot completed the form regarding interview dates, but have not received confirmation. How about others here?

@BAMDHopeful , thanks for the reply. Can you try logging into to the portal and see does it seem like as if it is taking you back to apply again! You can the use the same ID and password they provided for entering your supplemental info to Suny Upstate and the link from the email.

Anyone here applied to UPitt BSMD? When do they send out interview calls?

@Totototp I think from last year it was 2/15 for interview notification from Pitt.

excited for upcoming bs/md interviews!

has anyone heard from VCU? last years threads said it should’ve come out this week!

‎‎‎

My child was invited to apply to Pitt BS/MD and Tulane BS/MD programs. He was already accepted to both undergrads’ honors colleges.

He did not send his SAT II scores to either school (Math 2: 760 US History: 720). Should he send them now that he is applying to the BS/MD programs? Here are his other stats:

ACT: 35
AP Physics 1: 4
AP US History: 4
Currently taking: AP Physics 2, AP Comp. Sci Principles, AP Gov/Politics, AP Calc BC
Eagle Scout/Order of the Arrow
Certified EMT (does weekly shifts)
over 1,000 hours volunteering for a pediatric cancer charity (raised more than $25,000 and received a humanitarian award)
Limited shadowing (2 full days in OR)
Plays several instruments and music is a big part of his life and ECs
Executive Board of Model Congress - and received awards

He has no research experience, which I think might be a deal-breaker?
No hooks

Thank you for any insight.

A few asked about Rutgers interview
 Rutgers sent an e-mail for phone interview to my son this morning. It’s next Wed 2/15. I hope you will receive the e-mail too.

Thank you @mi2019 !

@TwoFabKids

Even though 760 on Math 2 sounds impressive on the face of it, unfortunately it is not for these Uber competitive programs. Check out the percentile corresponding to it, wouldn’t be surprised if it is in some 60s. Don’t know what percentile the 720 history corresponds to either. Not sure if these scores were mentioned in the common app of your son and the colleges aware of it already. Also depends on ORM (in which case not advisable) or non ORM status.

Either way my personal recommendation, unless it is required, don’t send. But will leave it up to your final judgement.

Good luck for both the places and others too.

@screenshot After logging in the Upstate Medical portal scroll down and you will see the interview post with all relevant links including interview page, accommodation options etc. Good luck to all! What dates have you guys chosen? I chose Feb 10th @PathophysiologyFTW

did anyone receive reject from rutgers - bs/md ? wondering what the selection criteria is?

@brainbuilder02
I received a rejection email last night

Any idea how many BAMD seats Rutgers have ? I think TCNJ (40), NJIT (23) are the largest . Then a few here and there . Dont have enough time to finish Rutgers supplements , so son left it out

Has anyone who applied for Adelphi’s BS/MD program gotten the invitation from SUNY Upstate yet? I guess the interviews did end recently, so I’m not in any hurry to hear back from them. I was just wondering if anyone knew when the interview requests would come out for that specific program.

Interviewed with Adelphi but haven’t heard anything further. Would like to know if rejected or not.