****official uic honors & gppa class of 2022****

Thank you for your information @priyaluvsbooks

GPPA results are out!

@SeamusBSMD If i haven’t received an email informing me of my result does that I mean that I did not receive a spot in the program?

@priyaluvsbooks …It looks like you received the email too. Congrats!

I’m applying next year for the Gppa program, can you share with us your stats , so we can prepare for it ?
Thx

@SeamusBSMD thanks! Congrats to you too!! Are you going to go?

i never got an interview request, yet i got in for gppa?!

Can you share with us your stats please @lzpare

@priyaluvsbooks …Thanks! My kid has couple of other BS/MD options and a good UG option. It has been just three days and we are inclined to go for GPPA. As a parent i want my kid to be in state.

@irish doctor 29 ACT, 3.9 unweighted GPA, I applied to GPPA AFTER I submitted the Common App. All I did was I e-mailed GPPA and then they gave me the link to completing my application. I submitted the essay four hours before the deadline.

Wonderful, what kind of medical experience or extracurricular activity you did so you convince them to accept you ?
Thx for the reply

@lzpare Is your acceptance for GPPA Medicine? or for other GPPA that is not Medicine/Dentistry?

Good question @SeamusBSMD
I’m asking about Gppa medicine. Can you share your kids stats, I will apply next year ?
Thx

@SeamusBSMD Master of Public Health

@irish doctor…From our experience with BS/MD, an individual stats will not give you an idea of what you need to have to get in. The general profile of a potential candidate for these programs will be…top 2% of the class, ECs both academic and non-academic, healthcare ECs(shadowing, clinical, hospital, research), SAT1530+/ACT34+, near perfect GPA (3.95+/4), 9+APs with 5s and 4s, compelling ‘Why Doctor?’ essays, and good interviewing skills. Hope this helps…

Thx for the information, your kids stats are impressive!! I did not do any research but I did extensive time shadowing and hospital volunteering So is that enough? Does it affect the application ?

@irish doctor. I cannot answer your question because i do not know what the admissions committee is looking for. What is your GPA? and SAT or ACT score? Where are you placed in your class? How many APs do you have? I see that you applied for GPPA, did you get the interview?

@“irish doctor” we can share that my son 34 ACT, Valedictorian, 5.0 GPA, physician shadowing, 150+ volunteer hours at local hospital, various club leadership, membership, HOSA, robotics wasn’t (yes was not) enough even for GPPA interview invite. He got into SLU Med scholar, UMich and Northwestern UG, UIC Honors, UIUC BioE and Ga Tech BME.

@PPofEngrDr ,@SeamusBSMD
I’m applying for next year , I’m junior now , but my gpa so far is 5.7 out of 6 , my Act score is 34 , and by the time of graduation I’ll be done with 10 AP classes mostly in science and math, I have done a lot of volunteering in hospitals and doctors shadowing but I didn’t do any medical research , also I did speech, theatre,track , made trip overseas to help the refugees…
Can you tell me my chance please ?

@ PpofEngdr , Your son stats are amazing, good luck with his choices !!