OOS Merit Binghamton?

Does Binghamton give merit aid to OOS students? Any idea how much, or a range? My daughters gpa is 3.9 UW/4.3 W, 34 ACT, 9 APs, probably NMSF (probably finalist), ethnic minority, good ECs

2 Likes

I think my daughter got enough to bring it down to around $25,000 a year (3.9, 33 act, 7 AP’s). We are from NJ.

3 Likes

Given your daughter’s strong academic profile, including her GPA, ACT score, AP courses, and involvement in extracurricular activities, she may be competitive for merit-based scholarships at Binghamton University.

1 Like

Yes. Binghamton is actively seeking OOS students. Top OOS are regularly given scholarships. The exact amount is hard to determine, though one of the embedded links gives an idea. Many colleges do not fully disclose this information. This is probably due to the number of scholarships they can award in a given year, how many students they want to offer them to, how much money they have in a given application cycle, etc…

You can look at these links.

https://binghamton.academicworks.com/?page=1

2 Likes

OP: This is a great question.

Lots of good info from moderator Lindagaf.

2 Likes

S24 is also out of state and going to apply, I am Bing Class of '94. Thanks for the info!

2 Likes

From what I have seen this year and last, they pretty much ONLY give merit to OOS. It’s the only school my daughter was accepted to that she didn’t get merit (or honors) at. We are in NY and total COA was right about $30k (zero merit or need based aid), so I would think that would be around where an OOS kid they want would land? Good luck! It wasn’t the best fit for my daughter, but it’s a great school! Everyone we know who goes there loves it and it’s definitely gotten very competitive!

1 Like

Yes they do

1 Like