Parking

<p>He also does not do fried foods (although he has had fried pickles twice). He’s more of an Oliver Garden guy. Lots of salad and break sticks.</p>

<p>That’s why he’s a lean, mean, fighting machine. :)</p>

<p>Of course, not “mean” in the “not nice” sense. LOL</p>

<p>Yea…BBQ is like cole slaw…there are those who like the sweeter BBQ and the sweeter slaw…and there’s those who like them the vinegary way.</p>

<p>PS…I hate sauerkraut as well…figures…LOL</p>

<p>M2CK: I’ll tell him what you said. He’ll laugh. Of course, you stay lean when you walk two to three miles a day all over T-Town. The other night, he and his suite mates needed milk and various other items. His suite mates were studying for exams, so he told him that he’d walk to Publix. They thought he was crazy. He chatted with me on his cell while on his walk down and back and during the time he was picking up his groceries.</p>

<p>RobD: I have not lived on Long Island (still have the accent, though) since I was a kid. Anytime I meet a fellow New Yorker, we start talking about where you can get the best pizza and where you can buy bagels. Not the kind in the frozen food section at Publix, either.</p>

<p>*See and I thought it was an Italian thing. My BIL sits through Thanksgiving in amazement every year (even after 22 years) that we’ll all be stuffed yet talking about meals to come *</p>

<p>Oh God yes! It is an Italian thing as well. or maybe just an ethnic thing. :)</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>You can get a few different things there, but the signature item is the filet. Best thing to do is the stick the address in the GPS, it’s hard to find by landmarks. </p>

<p>Basically, if you start at the intersection where Midtown is and head west on 15th Street and don’t turn off the road (it will change names several times), you’ll get there once you’re out in the sticks (hence the name).</p>

<p>Thanks so much for all the great ideas! This is our first visit so we will definitely check one or two of those restaurants out!</p>

<p>@Momreads: D walks to Publix at least once a week and not having milk would constitute an emergency! </p>

<p>Whenever we meet anyone from the Northeast here in TN, the talk quickly changes to food. Thankfully our pizza choices are now more acceptable than when we moved here and were told to try Cici’s (which we’d never heard of.) We now have 3 pizza places that make acceptable pies. </p>

<p>@M2CK: I think it might be a general ethnic thing; I am not Italian but married into an Italian family. I am 1st generation American though since my mom is from England. And now that we live in a place where British groceries and butchers are not available, my mom and I pine over that which we cannot have. </p>

<p>DH & I are scheming about how to get to Nick’s this semester…</p>

<p>*
DH & I are scheming about how to get to Nick’s this semester…*</p>

<p>LOL…</p>

<p>I’m thinking that once I get back from Wash DC on Tuesday, I may have to go on down to T-Town for that long weekend. :slight_smile: (Good heavens, I have hardly been home during the last 3 months! )</p>

<p>RobD: Cicis is great – when you have two teenage boys who love pizza. You pay for dinner, and two hours later, they are still eating.</p>

<p>And yes, milk is very needed in my son’s suite. He’s not a big milk drinker, but he does not take his coffee black. He was very happy when I sent a box a week ago. Pumpkin Spice coffee. Made him feel like it was fall … and it was in the 80s in T-Town. Now, he wants another jar of raspberry jam from the store owned by one of his friends’ grandmas. Nothing like homemade jam and apple butter. Now, if I could find a way to export apples from Virginia …</p>

<p>Mom, I can’t wait to hear about your DC trip.</p>

<p>Yes, momreads’ son is lean. And she’s right about the walking. I don’t think our kids have to worry about the Freshman 15 anymore, with all the walking they do. My son went through two pairs of tennis shoes in two months. </p>

<p>Glad to hear Nick’s works with the GPS. Sounds like this time, when the GPS tells us, You Have Arrived, and we are in the sticks, we really will be in the right place.</p>

<p>I also have to say that I am not a Dreamland fan. It was just okay for us.
However, I really liked Full Moon.</p>

<p>I have been to Mugshots, Iguana Grill, and Longhorn. Mugshots is okay for burgers but Iguana Grill and Longhorn are very good. Wintzel’s Oyster House in Northport is also good, they have po’boys too, yummy.</p>

<p>The Hotel Capstone also has a restaurant, I would not recommend the breakfast buffet but they make some very good flatbread combinations. They also have really good sweet tea. It is a nice place for a afternoon break if you are walking around campus.</p>

<p>Enjoy your time at t-town and let us know how you like the food.</p>

<p>S has been requesting sweet tea since he’s been back from 'bama. I had to make him a couple of pots. He had some surgery this week, so I indulged him a bit. I think its better than soda anyway, less chemicals.</p>

<p>Idinct, Hope that your son feels better and sweet tea is soo good. Glad to hear that he liked the university.</p>

<p>City Cafe anyone?</p>