Paying THE BILL at 'BAMA

<p>Okay, I just searched and searched and, although there MUST be a thread on this somewhere, I can not find it.</p>

<p>How, exactly does this TUITION/HOUSING/MEAL PLAN/FEES thing work if you have scholarships and/or Pre-PAID Annuities and/or Loans that help defray the costs?</p>

<p>And When does this occur?</p>

<p>Do we need to give 'BAMA the student’s bank information to have any extra funds transferred to the student? How does that work?</p>

<p>In general, I NEED SPECIFICS! Lol</p>

<p>We also have these questions and also are wanting to know if books can be purchased through student account accessing scholarship monies. If a student will have a surplus at the end of the year, it would be nice to pay for books with these monies.</p>

<p>Yes. We wondered if we would have access to extra funds from the loan/annuity to buy a computer before school started…</p>

<p>You can’t use your student account to buy books.</p>

<p>Here is what I know, bills will be posted July 22, any excess will be refunded into the students bank account on or about Aug 12. This will leave plenty of time to purchase books from outside sources (typically) the best deal!</p>

<p>As far as entering the Direct Deposit information goes:
MyBama
Student tab
Student Services folder
Student Receivables folder
Create/Change Direct Deposit Information link</p>

<p>There will be an expected balance posted. So you won’t have to pay the whole tuition/housing and wait to get reimbursed, but you probably will have to pay a couple of thousand and wait to be reimbursed for that. We set it up to go to his savings account. What you can do for books is, when his dining dollars for the fall gets converted to Bama Cash, you can have him go to the SupeStore and use this Bama Cash to buy books, though that may only buy you one or two books. We have done this for books we can’t order through Amazon, like class notes and unavailable books. Or, you can let him use the Bama Cash for laundry, meals out, and get all the books through Amazon or other discount sellers. Third year, we purchased the 50 plan, and son used most of his accumulated Bama Cash for meals out, laundry and SupeStore supplies. For the first time, this summer, between his junior and senior year, I actually had to reload his Bama Cash so he could do laundry, something I hadn’t had to do since Fall of Freshman year. He doesn’t frequent the Strip, and he uses his credit card for groceries, so we’ve been able to stretch those Bama reimbursements pretty far.</p>

<p>Here is what I know, bills will be posted July 22, any excess will be refunded into the students bank account on or about Aug 12</p>

<p>We never had excess funds refunded that early. Bama (and other schools) usually wait a couple of weeks til after school starts before it refunds money since students may still be adding classes which would involved more course fees, etc…or changing meal plans, etc.</p>

<p>I usually get my refund about a week before classes start.</p>

<p>D got her refund the Monday of Bama Bound last year, so it was available for books. The NM money came about 6 weeks into the first semester, and I believe the other half was disbursed with Dec. financial aid.</p>

<p>M2CK. Financial aid is who told me the 12th, hopefully the are right.</p>

<p>Sorry, D got her refund the week of Alabama action, not Bama Bound. Darn Alzheimer’s</p>