Penn State Class of 2027 Official Thread

Congratulations!

My daughter was accepted fall for fall 2021 and chose to go in the summer and absolutely loved it. If you think your child needs a slower roll out into college life - or just wants to get to know the campus and make friends before 50,000 students descend on campus in the fall, it’s a terrific option. I’ve had three kids go to PSU and all three did LEAP and all three would do it again. It does cost more for the summer, but it also gives some room for major changes, a minor, or graduating early because you get those 6 credits out of the way.

1 Like

Congratulations! When did your son submit his app? Did he go test optional or submitted SAT?

He submitted the SAT (1400 and 760 math). And he submitted the application on 8/23.

1 Like

anyone know if any forensic science majors have been accepted?

1 Like

Those are still some pretty high stats in my opinion

5 Likes

Yeah - I guess I consider them lower stats for engineering & CS compared to all the numbers I keep seeing for Penn State this year and last year for that major. Plus, he’ll be lucky to graduate maybe breaking the top 25% for his high school. Not even close for high stats around northern Virginia. I guess it’s all relative. Nonetheless everyone is very happy in the house today.

Accepted to Penn state university park for CS.
Applied 9/28 accepted 11/10

2 Likes

I think those stats are pretty high; congratulations!

Congrats! What major?

Son Applied 10/31. Checked portal 11/12 to see acceptance!
University Park, Applied Data Science major. No summer start.

2 Likes

Not yet…

Waiting for Arts and Architecture?

me too :slight_smile:

Major Computer science

1 Like

Congrats! Did the test optional button disappear for you too?

1 Like

My daughter received her acceptance last night to College of Health Science and human development. OOS Test optional

9 Likes

May I ask stats? I have an out-of-state student waiting for bio behavioral health in the College of health and human development.

2 Likes

Yes would love to know gpa if you feel comfortable.

I included stats in the other thread.

3 Likes