Penn State Class of 2027 Official Thread

Congrats to all the successful applicants. If anyone also applied to Schreyer Honors College, was anything mentioned about that in the decision?

No, nothing mentioned about Schreyer in his acceptance. My son is still procrastinating and hasnā€™t finished that application yet. Itā€™s so long!

The Schreyer decision is an ā€œadd-onā€ and will be reported - as a batch - in early March (that was the date historically). They wait to assemble a class before any decisions are released.

1 Like

Daughter accepted today at PSU-UP. Applied 10/26, test optional 3,96 UW, did not choose summer option. Did not complete optional essay. Attended local info session for prospective students. 9 AP, 11 Honors, 2 dual enrollments, decent extracurricular activities (mostly sports), low on volunteer work, paid job since freshman year. Attends an urban school in Denver, COā€¦so I think that helped. We are so excited,and a bit surprised. Expected a deferral.

4 Likes

Congratulations! What major?

Undeclared, I think.

Congrats! My son applied 10/26 as well. Hope we hear soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does a decision appear right on the main page of the portal, or do you need to click on something? Iā€™m very curious to log in and check if the TO button is still there, but I donā€™t want to accidentally see any kind of result before D23

1 Like

The message will appear when your D23 logs on to the portal. It used to have a message that the application was being reviewed, etc. Once accepted, the admissions decision replaced the previous message. Hope that helps.

1 Like

Schreyer decision is released mid-Feb. If kids applied before 11/1 they can sign up for an interviewā€“itā€™s on the Schreyer application page. DS has his next week.

Any decisions yet from college of health and human development yet (Biobehavioral health major)?

Has anyone received a decision from the school of Arts and Architecture (Digital Art and Media Design major)?

Daughter accepted!
OOS College of Health and Human Development- Kinesiology Fall 2023
4.47 W, 4.0 UW
ACT 32 Superscore
Will graduate with 9 AP classes, Varsity Tennis, President of two clubs
WE ARE!

13 Likes

DD23 got in! TO button did disappear before.

3 Likes

what major?

How long before the decision does the TO button disappear?

Engineering (Mechanical).

Noticed it was gone 10pm and after midnight decision came.

2 Likes

Accepted Fall23 UP. Summer option not selected.

1 Like

Just to give hope to those without super high stats of getting a decision soon, my DS just got accepted Fall UP for pre-engineering CS with a 1400 SAT (760 math though) and 3.83 UW/ 4.18 W GPA. Didnā€™t expect anything until late December and even put Summer option. Lowest grades in Science & Math classes as a Junior too - rough year coming off a 1 1/2 years of online schooling. Very excited! Now to decide whether to move to summer as weā€™ve heard great things about the LEAP program.

10 Likes