Penn State Class of 2027 Official Thread

Do you mean acceptance? My daughter was accepted last Friday to Health Science and Human Dev.

oh no, I would not change application details now. Wait and see 
 and if she is accepted by a commonwealth campus, then you ask for reconsideration with a change in criteria.

what? I did’t submit any portfolio, am I dumed? where did you submit all those materials? and my checklists on portal all say complete for some reason? what should I do?

I just happened to check my portal and found that the TO button is gone!! Is that an indication since I saw a lot of people talking these days??

3 Likes

It has been an indication that a decision is about to be posted. They post at noon and midnight, so please post on the thread if you see a decision after midnight. Good luck!

2 Likes

How long does it take to hear back if you ask for reconsideration?

How long did it take to hear back for reconsideration? We should have applied undecided. I am very worried.

@kmapitt yes!! It was after midnight when I noticed TO button gone

1 Like

Did it change his status for example early action?

It took a few weeks. With so many other campuses, I don’t remembers seeing many outright rejections. So, hopefully our kids can just ask for reconsideration.

TO button is gone! Fingers crossed that we get an acceptance soon!

3 Likes

To clarify, when you say the TO button is gone
 right now when I look at application tools the 4th option is “change my test optional answer” Does that just go away or is it just different when you click on it. Just to set daughter’s expectations. She is getting nervous. Applied 10/14. Thanks

My 2 sons heard of acceptances in mid December a couple of years ago. It’s still early. I keep reminding myself.

That option just goes away. Now my son’s TO button is gone, so there is no “change my test optional answer” option. Now, we wait

1 Like

Oh my goodness three of your buttons gone tonight! Keep us posted and good luck!

2 Likes

what major?

He actually applied to Planetary Science and Astronomy in the Science dept, one of his two major college interests
 And I’m not sure how we missed this, but he didn’t have one of the class requirements for this major in order to apply (not surprising, we are rural and underserved area). Penn contacted him to let him know he didn’t have one of the required classes to apply, but they would like him to keep his application in and asked him to choose another major. He applied to neurobiology and psychology at his other colleges, so responded back and chose psychology. That was yesterday. TO button gone, but the Field of Study portion still showing Plantetary Science and Astronomy. So not sure how long it will take now to get a decision.

My DS applied to Natural Resource Management in the College of Agriculture.

1 Like

ACCEPTED! TO button disappeared this evening and acceptance came through 2 min ago (midnight).

9 Likes

Congrats!!! I can’t wait to hear from more people too!

1 Like