Penn State Class of 2027 Official Thread

I’m surprised there were UP denials sent out already. That’s pretty early. But it is also true that those hearing now are definite yes and definite no’s. So likely his stats weren’t close to what was needed for the major he applied to.

Can you share what major/stats got him denied from UP campus? And what did he ask for reconsideration for? All of these details help others who are in the same boat and also helps those of us who have been here for years in giving our best advice.

As for when you will hear, IN GENERAL, if you’ve been denied and asked for reconsideration, you won’t hear until after first decisions for others in that major have heard. That’s not a hard and fast rule but it is what generally happens. They don’t usually give out second decisions until those waiting have gotten their first decision.

2 Likes

I’m gonna venture to say it wasn’t a “denial” but rather an acceptance to a branch campus (which feels like a denial lol)

1 Like

Exactly it was an acceptance to another campus Berks , saying congratulations you were accepted to penn state then 3 lines down it gives you the campus.
He went in undecided and they said better chance picking a major in his situation. He changed to Economics. His grades are good Tons of your activities varsity in 2 sports also an Eagle Scout. We were surprised Considering he got into two other schools that 1 about even with penn state and one a little better. Well fingers crossed this is where he wants to go.

1 Like

Can you pls give your stats and major originally applied and major switched to?

I havent really seen anyone applying to business receiving a decision yet. I wonder if Smeal takes longer?

2 Likes

We have heard a number of kids denied to UP already. Almost seems like high stat and low stat being done first, which could make sense. It’s everyone in the middle that will take time to sort out.

1 Like

He has a 3.6 and 1300 SAT. His extra curricular is very good. I do think he was right on the verge of getting in to UP and they thought he wound be better doing the 2+2 program instead. I really hope this change makes the difference. The TO button is weird I can’t find it on there anyway It’s gone.

Has anyone who applied to Nursing heard back yet? My daughter OOS, test optional, 3.9/4.0. Lots of leadership and an EMT with real hands on health care experience. She applied 10/1 but has heard nothing back yet. She applied to both summer and fall 2023.

My son has similar stats -OOS and applied in Sept to nursing and nothing yet. Looks like they released a lot of the nursing decisions last year around Dec 3-6th

1 Like

We are OOS, applied to nursing 1410 SAT and 3.9 UW/ 4.5W.

She is also in a high school medical program and will have a CNA certification when done, nothing yet for us.

He switched from undecided to Economics. From a bunch of stuff I read we thought that undecided was the better way to go but now I Dk. If I survive this it will be a miracle, my son will be fine but me I’m not to sure. lol

no response from Smeal yet for us

1 Like

That worries me…my son has a 3.68 and applied DUS UP no test scores. He did put he would attend summer

My son put he would do summer too. Figured if he needed to he would.

Great thank you for that detail you saved me a search - good luck!

Are you in state or out of state and how good is the HS and curriculum? Your son has very good stats for UP DUS.

We live Out of state, and a very good private HS.

Very good AP classes and college credit classes which he took 6 in total

I wonder if there are just a lot of undecided this year?

2 Likes

This makes me nervous for his chances at UP with his gpa and DUS. :grimacing:

1 Like