Penn State Class of 2027 Official Thread

Goog luck to your son!

1 Like

I think you are still EA at the moment based on your application date. However, they can still defer you to regular decision time frame if they choose to do so. You will likely hear the decision before Dec 24th.

I’ve been the forum leader on this site for several years and participated heavily for many years before that. I’ve been here for about 8+ years answering questions etc.
It’s the same concerns every year. Unless they absolutely gutted the way the do admissions, which so far it doesn’t seem so regarding releases, then I am sure the advice I’m giving will hold. There will be acceptances to UP literally ON Dec 24 and after in regular decision.
Deferrals to regular decision don’t usually happen unless they run out of time. So you won’t see deferrals yet. Those will come at the deadline if they come at all.

Keep in mind that Penn State gets over 100,000 applications. What you see here, or anecdotally within your high school, is a very small percentage of those who’ve applied.

1 Like

My friend’s son was accepted for a Data Science major for summer 2023.

The “Change your Test Optional Answer” tab disappeared last night sometime between 5:30 and 7:30, and just after midnight my son was admitted to University Park (Division of Undergraduate Studies) for Fall 2023. We’re very excited! Wishing those of you still waiting good luck. I hope you get to celebrate soon too!

11 Likes

Congrats!!! That button is haunting us! Lol.

4 Likes

Congrats! Which major? That is great!

100% but when it does finally disappear it’s SO scary and exciting all at once. Good luck!

He’s undeclared, which at Penn State is called Division of Undergraduate Studies.

1 Like

what were his stats?

Congratulations! Very happy for you and your kiddo! Just a quick reminder to post the stats in the Decision thread.

1 Like

Congratulations!!! We are still waiting

2 Likes

@Memcam2927 thats what my son applied to. What were his stats? Was he test optional?

Stats:
90.5 weighted GPA- about 3.7/4.0 is the equivalent (don’t know unweighted because school doesn’t provide it) and 28 ACT. High school doesn’t rank. OOS New York (Long Island). Very competitive public high school, ranked very highly, with rigorous curriculum. Varsity football player, president of a club, NHS, lots of volunteer work with our temple, co-founder of a local chapter of an organization that helps to brighten the day of service workers, works as a lifeguard outside of school. Not a super high stats kid, but very well rounded.

TO button did disappear last night. Decision was there when we checked at 12:08am to be precise. Admitted to University Park, Fall 2023 for Division of Undergraduate Studies major (undecided).

I’ll post it in the decisions thread as well. Good luck to you all!

1 Like

He was not test optional. He submitted his score of 28 on the ACT.

Congrats!

1 Like

So happy I had seen you post here as much as me so I was hopeful when I came on today!

1 Like

Yes–my son got his acceptance last month (College of Ag)!

1 Like

We’re in this together!! I’ll be rooting for your family. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

My daughter got in on 12/1! :))

3 Likes