Penn State Class of 2027 Official Thread

Is there a certain day of the week that admissions are more likely to be released?

1 Like

When we visited the school I asked admissions if my dd should wait to submit with her refined essay or submit earlier and was told to wait and submit with an essay. We did submit using the Penn state app though so she wouldn’t have to complete two essays.

Good call. My dd hadn’t submitted through common app, so just going to do the Penn State app as well so just the one essay. But now to cut 150 words from her essay

Looking to hear about chances of getting into digital arts and media design (in the school of arts and architecture). Test optional, 3.6, alumni, willing to start in the summer. Good and major-related ECs

Test optional and 3.6 will be borderline. No way to tell one way or the other. The summer start is helpful and the major being in the college of Arts and Architecture is also helpful as it’s not a super competitive major in that college.

This is a long way of saying that no one will be able to tell you one way or the other. A 3.6 is on the bottom end of the middle 50% - so borderline.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the input :blush:

Does anyone know whether Penn State Admission decisions will start rolling out this week? Based on prior years, its seems like the first wave of decisions came out on Nov. 4th. Is that what we expect this year? Thank you so much and good luck to all the kiddos!

1 Like

D23 starting to worry
submitted via common app on 10/29. Got the first email confirming receipt and telling her another email will come with portal instructions. No second email received as of now. Deadline is tomorrow and she still needs to enter the srar, but can’t do that before setting up portal. She emailed admissions this afternoon to ask and the automated response is that she will get a response in a few days. Argh! Hoping it magically appears tomorrow. Anyone else submit over the weekend? And still waiting for portal?

We’re in the same boat. D23 submitted Sunday morning and got that same email today. Hopeful but not sure if they’ll still process EA, since SRAR takes 24-72 hours to appear in the portal.

1 Like

My daughter’s SRAR appeared within 24 hours. Good luck!

2 Likes

My son got the email to set up PSU account when he stared application for PSU on common app, which was a month before he submitted. Have them look back to see if they got it. I saw it on their webpage and had him go check. He submitted SRAR same day he registered his portal.

2 Likes

you do not need a link from a college to set up SRAR. If you have already set up an SRAR account, you can go ahead and just add Penn state and link it. if you don’t have an SRAR account, you can create one and then add the college of your interest to link it.

Wondering the same

Aha. I thought it had to be initiated from PSU in order to link up faster. But at this point, it may be faster for her to just send her existing srar and hope for the best. So stressful!

ok one more update. portal link came this morning, she linked her SRAR, and although it still has it as missing on the checklist, it does say Completed under Srar under Application Tools on the left. So I think even if it actually doesn’t link today, they acknowledge that it was done today. I am going to take this as a reason to stop stressing. Now the wait begins. Good luck everyone!

2 Likes

Thanks for the help! SRAR kept sending her to the page to log in to her Penn State account, which she didn’t have instructions to do yet. She was able to request that they “resend” instructions – which had never been sent – and set up the account. She linked SRAR, so I hope that counts for meeting the deadline.

2 Likes

We got the Schreyer application submitted last night! What a relief that it’s all in–nothing to do but wait for now!

3 Likes

Is anyone having problems logging into the Portal today? We can’t seem to log in getting the same error message. Just wondering if it’s on our end or if the portal crashed

Same here, has anyone tried calling?

It has been okay for us – maybe try a different browser?

Also, thanks again to @privatems. We linked the SRAR a few hours ago, and it already shows received, so her application is being verified, but all materials are marked as complete.

2 Likes