Penn State Class of 2027 Official Thread

By the way, even though the portal isn’t updated with a decision (TO button gone) and still says under review…I was able to access lionspath and the acceptance letter was under the communications tab. I hope I am not jinxing this by celebrating before it’s officially posted…but, I actually had tears in my eyes because I know he is going to be sooo happy when I tell him he got in - and to UP! Side note, I actually bought a PSU ornament online ahead of time and saved it in a box in case - not knowing if he was getting in or not obviously! Will be putting it out for him to see with a note attached :slight_smile: Hoping good news comes soon for the rest of you!!

11 Likes

Congratulations :tada: still waiting here

1 Like

hoping it will be this week for you!

1 Like

Congrats! You are not jinxing - it’s official.

1 Like

still waiting over here

3 Likes

Daughter got in PSU AP on December 1st. Applied Labor Day.
College of Engineering

1 Like

GPA 3.9 UW
SAT - did not submit
ECs: NHS, French NHS, Science NHS, Key Club, 2 year letter(wo)man.
OOS, Texas

She is excited in that this was her top 2. She is now considering Summer LEAP since she’s heard good things.

3 Likes

DS accepted tonight, UP with summer start, checked through LionPath.
OOS, College of Communication, applied 8/21. Definitely in his Top 3.

4 Likes

What’s the update?

2 Likes

What is the update?

He’s in!!!

11 Likes

Congrats! What were his stats again?

2 Likes

He’s in too! UP campus - Fall Start. He was so excited. The TO button disappeared at 3 PST (6 EST) and admission decision appeared on the portal at 9 PST(12 EST) - but we were able to view the letter in Lionspath before the decision showed up. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

what major?

1 Like

Envelope came last night! Thank goodness!

2 Likes

Kinesiology

This happened to my daughter last year. Summer start didn’t work for her, so she asked to be reconsidered for Fall DUS. Admissions confirmed that she would NOT forfeit her Smeal summer start decision by doing this reconsideration. She was admitted to UP as DUS immediately.

In the end, she decided to attend a different university lol.

Thanks for this info. When she asked for a reconsideration, was your daughter automatically switched to DUS and removed from Smeal? Or did she have a little time to make a decision between these two options?

1 Like

Do you recall how long it took to receive decision on the reconsideration?

2 Likes

Getting so nervous. Son is rethinking going test optional. He has a 1220 SAT and a 3.8 GPA in a difficult school district. Some AP classes and honors as well. OOS. Varsity track, tutor and peer leader. He also works. He still has time to change. Advice if he should or shouldn’t?( Science major).