Penn State Class of 2027 Official Thread

PJ_Lam I second giving admissions a call. They are all so helpful and reassuring. My son waited to hear much longer than others in his school and was getting nervous as well. He called and they assured him that his decision was coming. Maybe you just need to hear them say they have everything they need and sit tight. Hopefully in next few days you will have your answer and it will be good news! Good luck kiddo! Keep us posted!

1 Like

Is there any way (short of contacting admissions) to see whether you are being considered for EA or regular/rolling decision? I know my son got his application and fee in by the EA deadline, but I think there was then a gap of a day or two before his portal was set up and he had access to complete the SRAR. My reading of the requirements for EA would suggest this made him late, but Iā€™m not positive and was wondering if there was any way to tell for sure.

@Agthompson73 funny that you mention that we had the same issue my son submitted his application for EA on time however they requested his SRAR 2 days later after the cutoff.

1 Like

Same thing happened for my son. He applied on October 31. We were also concerned about his test scores being received by the deadline. I emailed admissions and they told me that so long as everything was received by the end of that week (Nov 4), he would be considered EA. He was accepted on Nov 10. He is a high stat kid (1540 SAT and 4.7 weighted GPA who applied to Liberal Arts). I would just call the admissions office to make sure everything was received. They are very nice and responsive.

2 Likes

This is so upsetting. My DD submitted her application in September and still hasnā€™t heard. She checks the portal everyday. Pretty much everyone she knows at her school (including some in her major) have already received their decisions. This will put a damper on Christmas for her if she doesnā€™t have a decision before then. She has already started to think about other schools at this point because she is so discouraged.

iā€™m still waiting alsoā€¦ starting to get worried

Weā€™re still waiting too!!

They have until Dec 24

My son was contacted by email that his SRAR was incomplete and should be corrected on Nov 18. He did the correction and sent it the next day. He was still qualified as EA, he received the decision last week. So you shouldnā€™t be worry about the SRAR

1 Like

for anyone that is still waiting and now second guessing if you are considered EA or notā€¦ I would call admissions. As much as you get good advice from posters, at the end of the day, there may be a glitch in the system or something else. Would rather find out today if you will be receiving a decision by Christmas rather than not knowing.

At this point, as frustrating as it is, donā€™t despair. They are still admitting people. Colleges arenā€™t ā€œfullā€. They have taken the entire pool statistics and figured out where the ā€œlineā€ is. If everyone single person posting was admitted to UP Fall, I might be more concerned, but it takes a while to get through each person to hit ā€œadmitā€.

1 Like

Is Penn State strictly need based, or there are some grant funds available to students that are not need based eligible? When do you find out if you are getting some form of aid?

I wish to all of you who are still waiting to get that damn button to disappear tonight, hopefully followed by the good news! Good luck!

there is merit aid. but not common. My son received a National Merit Scholarship - in September - after he was already enrolled and in classes. It was a nice surprise because he didnā€™t tell me and I just got a refund check in the mail!

I would not expect anything unless you are super high stats.

Thanks for the answer. My expectations were low to start with, but I was kind of hopeful that there might be some funds to reduce the burden a bit.

When my daughter was accepted in 2020, she was offered merit at the time of her acceptance. It was a relatively small amount, but we didnā€™t realize at the time that any merit was fairly unusual.

1 Like

applied in augustā€¦still waiting. the freaking out has begun.

2 Likes

The deadline has not passed so there is no reason to be discouraged at this point. Iā€™ve tried to make it clear that Penn Stateā€™s decisions are random. It means nothing regarding her admissibility or eventual decision that she hasnā€™t heard yet. PLENTY of kids hear the last day!

Admissions is still open for two more days. They begin break on Friday Dec 23. If your daughter hasnā€™t heard by Thursday morning, Iā€™d call and check in just so you donā€™t have to wait until Jan 2 when they return to ask questions. Itā€™s been known to happen that they donā€™t get through all of their EA applications before the deadline, but itā€™s not typical.

Once the deadline has passed and students havenā€™t heard, them Iā€™m right there with them in being upset about the process. But they tell you you will hear by Dec 24, so donā€™t get discouraged on Dec 20.

So my question is has anyone heard of anybody not getting accepted EA for this cycle, so far? Are we only seeing the accepted now and 23rd/24th are the rejected notification days, if they happen at all pre Xmas? Wow I maybe hitting the hard eggnog this Xmas!

My grandson was not accepted EA for architecture, but thatā€™s a direct entry program only available at the University Park campus.

my to button went away

5 Likes

my to button went away and i was able to sign into lionpath. where do i go to see decision

2 Likes