Penn State Class of 2027 Official Thread

I second this

How did you know 200 have been sent out? Anyone know if any out of state have gone out?

DD23 OOS got in Comp Sci, University Park, Fall 2023.
Applied August 21st. Got the decision from portal check this morning.
SAT 1510, GPA UW:4.0, Lot of EC related to major, music

10 Likes

Congratulations and thanks for posting!

My son got accepted to PSU Engineering school at college park - intended CS major.
Applied Oct 2, admitted Nov 4. Out of state student.

16 core APs, 4 Post-APs ( math + physics)
USACO Silver
GPA 4.86 / 5 ( weighted)

6 Likes

wow, so many APs and so high GPA!!!

Awaiting our son’s response……but he did note that the “test score visibility” option is now removed from the menu on portal……so hopefully that means decision is around the corner! Anyone else notice, like last year, that this option disappears as a response gets closer to being delivered?

Exciting! When did he apply?

He applied October 10th. Will post if he gets an answer soon!

1 Like

The application checklist should show all completed or “received” considered complete. Because in my son’s portal, the SRAR is “received”, and other items are “completed”.

Sorry, since the “button” is missing I did not recall what it was called. It is the “change the test optional” button that is now missing in the left hand menu. It was there earlier today. In last years posts it is referred to as the “test optional” button. Last year people reported it disappeared just prior to a decision (presumably because test scores have already been viewed and it is too late to change it).

1 Like

Yes I read about that too, actually my post before was a question, I wonder when the application is considered completed. Should all items are marked completed or “received” is considered complete also?

Son randomly checked portal to find acceptance today to Smeal Finance at UP. Applied 10/16, all supplemental materials downloaded 10/18. Application Checklist previously indicated completed for everything under Item Status with checkmark under Done and under status read “Your application is currently under review. We have received everything required…”

6 Likes

What major?

DS portal indicates “completed” for everything (application fee, SRAR, and SAT scores). So, it must flip from “received” to “completed” at some point — but I never noticed the change or when that occurred.

Thank you! so my son needs to wait until all are completed.

1 Like

DS’s has indicated “completed” for several weeks. Test optional button is still there. Just hanging out and waiting patiently, figuring we won’t hear anything for another few weeks (application turned in Oct 4th, Environmental Resource Management major).

1 Like

Where is the test optional button? In the profile menu? Or on the main application status page?

1 Like

If you’re on a phone, it’s on the left side. You will see profile menu. If you click on that it is then change my test optional answer.

So the theory is true, when the test optional button disappear, the decision is coming…!! Congrats to your son!!

2 Likes