Penn State Class of 2027 Official Thread

It’s not a scam. Schreyer has it’s own portal but it uses the same iD/password combo

1 Like

Thank you. Lol. So suspicious these days.

Anyone hear back after requesting reconsideration?
We put in for a reconsideration to UP undecided vs the 2+2 program my son was offered ( he applied to Smeal little did we know it was hard to get in) on January 9th … We have not heard back yet…. Anyone in the same situation?

Backstory…one main reason for the reconsideration ask is bc the 2nd campus my son chose during his application submission doesn’t have on campus housing he didn’t know…. Plus UP is the only campus he would attend if accepted…obviously

I understand that your son wants UP only, but you said in a previous post that he was admitted to Harrisburg, which does have on campus housing.

2 Likes

Congrats! Our son was also accepted to PSU University Park for Biomedical Engineering.

ACCEPTED TO SCHREYER!!! I am so, so proud of my kid. He’s shellshocked I think.

3 Likes

@jse107 congrats! Does this make any decisions final?

I think so! It was probably going to be PSU anyways, but this is amazing. DS has always wanted PSU, but now that it’s really real, he’s stunned! I think it will be a great way to make PSU seem a little smaller.

1 Like

Accepted to Schreyer! Also a recipient of the Provost award. Journalism major. So proud of my son! :tada:

4 Likes

He was mistaken when I looked at his application he had stated Lehigh no on campus housing … not surprised I should have double checked his submission and the email he received…

Got it. Good luck on the reconsideration request.

CONGRATS!!!

Found out DS is ACCEPTED to Schreyer Honors College BME.

CR 1/100
SAT 1390
IB diploma
9 dual enrollment credits at PSU (MATH/CALC/BIOL)
EC (sport, piano, play, student government)
Volunteer 100+ hours
HS Administration selected son for key leadership awards, etc.
Generally well liked kid by peers selected to prom/hoco court
Opted to do the interview.

This will make for a REALLY tough decision… and one we now as parents need let him make… PSU SHC or GT would now be his clear top two… he really loves ND but really not have his major and some Ivy day admits will just be for his ego if get in… but seems he’ll be down to these two.

1 Like

stats?

1 Like

Congrats to your son! My daughter was accepted to Schreyer today too. Did your son receive the provost award today or in previous correspondence? I know that merit is hard to come by at PSU but we are hoping for a little more to make this work.

1 Like

It was separate several weeks back. Congratulations to your kiddo!

2 Likes

For Schreyer:
No class rank (but UW GPA 3.96/W 4.65)
Strong interest in science classes *planning on ERM major
All honors/AP courses (except PE credit)
4 years band
Club volleyball, varsity volleyball
Various honors societies
Strong essays (I think) and interview
Well-liked by teachers, so I assume positive recs from them

1 Like

This sounds like the exact same situation as my son. We thought he was going to be admitted no problem to Smeal but received the 2+2 program as well and put in for reconsideration DUS. We heard last night that he was accepted. Going to be a tough decision as he was also admitted to OSU direct into finance and also UMass direct into finance as well with a lot of Merit money. Smeal is a great school but definitely more stress knowing you have to fill all the requirements just to be admitted to the finance program. The other schools you’re already in.

1 Like

You might be “already in”, but what do you have to do to STAY in? It’s really no different. You likely have criteria you need to meet to stay in at those schools, and at Penn State you have to do things to get in. But if you do them, you are in. And once you are in - you stay in.

DD was admitted to Harrisburg 2+2 in December. Requested reconsideration to UP - DUS and Summer Start. That request was declined. Is there anything else we can do to get her into UP? I didn’t know if calling admissions and asking about a waitlist? Or has this shipped sailed and we need to move on?

1 Like

Probably best to move on. I don’t know if they’d be willing to look at a second reconsideration request. I suppose you might be able to ask for summer and another, less selective major. What was her originally requested major?