perquisites? incomplete

<p>OK so I'm I. A bit of finkle here Lol. I wat to apply to a couple suny colleges next year I'm junior ene tearing my senior but most of the programs state that I need a biology and chemistry class which I didnt take. So can I still apply to these programs even though I don't have these classes has anyone ever experienced this? </p>

<p>You would need to email the admissions office with that specific question. However, I would think that some basic classes in biology and chemistry would be essential. You might need to take a gap year to take some of these classes in order to be competitive for admissions. </p>

<p>Even if you would be admitted, you would have trouble keeping up without that background. My daughter did well in AP bio in high school and still had to really work hard in the first bio class in nursing school. Some other nursing students had to retake the class because they failed. The first required bio class in her nursing school was accelerated and was not a basic bio class… You also need to understand how to do labs and lab reports in order to succeed in nursing school. </p>

<p>If you do decide to take a couple basic community college classes (or something similar) before applying for admission to the nursing program, there is one other item to consider. Some programs that stress direct entry to a 4 year program may not consider you if you have too many college credits. I imagine two classes wouldn’t be a big deal, but I would talk to the admissions office beforehand to find out your best alternative. </p>

<p>Thanks for the feedback guys</p>