Physics HL or Physics and Chemistry HL

<p>I am an IB student in grade 11. I have chosen Physics HL, Economics HL and Math HL with all 7, (I get a pretty high 7 in physics), and I am considering whether to take Chemistry HL or SL. I want get a major in Physics or Engineering such as EE or Nuclear engineering in future, with little connection with Chemistry. </p>

<p>The most annoying thing is that I have already learn almost every thing in Chemistry HL by myself when I felt bored in Chemistry class, and I believe I can get 7 in SL or HL Chemistry........ </p>

<p>However, I also want to start a project on Physics in order to be more competitive while applying the college. So I want to use the time saved by studying SL to do this project.</p>

<p>The problem is that
which one is more useful when applying for a college (for physics or engineering(maybe EE or Nuclear Engineering)
the project I am now planning to do or the HL chemistry ?</p>

<p>I’m also a junior in the IB program and I can’t really answer your question accurately, but personally if I were in your shoes, I would believe that the project will be definitely more useful! Good luck though whatever you choose :)</p>

<p>You’re going to be loaded w/ work in IB Physics HL and IB Math HL. If you can handle a fourth HL Science then go for it. Good luck - I hope that you don’t get overwhelmed to the point that you drop your IB classes.</p>

<p>thx for your encouragement. I love physics and I know in order to dig deeper in physics, I have to first master my math skills. I believe I would work well in these subjects.</p>

<p>Physics is an awesome subject and keep it up with your project. Chemistry is not essential for comp science, nuclear engg etc. No need to take Chem!</p>

<p>I think that a meaningful physics project shows a lot more initiative and academic prowess than taking Chemistry HL. If you won’t be needing chemistry too much in college, don’t sweat taking on a fourth HL.</p>