Possible to take back a positive SIR?

<p>If you submit your SIR to a UC saying that you accept their offer of admission, is it possible to change your mind after? Or are you totally 100% committed to whatever UC you sent an affirmative SIR to?</p>

<p>i thought before but it's a binding contract, but after learning more about it. i think you can if it's a valid reason, ie, they know about waitlists and appeals - you won't get your deposit back thought</p>

<p>Thanks. I really hope you're right.</p>

<p>Btw, deposit is only around $100, right?</p>

<p>ya it's $100 (taken from your bank account, check, or money order - no credit card)</p>

<p>Ok, thanks</p>

<p>Yeah, I know people who sent in a positive SIR to a school and then went somewhere else.</p>

<p>Good. :) I have a little less to worry about now, lol.</p>

<p>Wow really? I thought it was a binding contract. That's good to know that it isn't though.</p>

<p>I think part of it is ethical. If you told a school you're coming, you should come. But I don't think anything can happen to you other than losing your deposit.</p>

<p>when do they ask for the deposit? I submitted my SIR online for UCLA and I didn't have to pay anything.</p>

<p>newpswahine: i think some people don't have to pay deposit because of a fee waiver??? i'm not sure though, i know i had to for ucsb when i submitted it online ($100)</p>

<p>can we submit multiple SIRs to multiple UCs?</p>

<p>no, submitting more than one positive SIR will jeopardize your admissions.</p>

<p>where does it say that?</p>

<p>When i submitted my SIR to ucsd i remember reading something like "i recognize that i may only submit one SIR to a UC and failure to do so may jeopardize my admission status."</p>

<p>How do I do that? Do I need to call the UC that I submitted the SIR to?</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Don’t do that. I did that on accident (long story) and I had to send a long letter to both UC’s explaining the situation.</p>