Postponed - Please Explain

<p>My D got postponed. Most of the students from her school also go postponed. However, there were 2 that did get in. Both girls had a lower GPA and ACT score than my D. In addition, my daughter had more EC (varsity sports), and more community service hours and the same number of AP's with similar scores. The 2 that got in have no family relation to the school. How is this possible these 2 made it and the others got postponed? It is very upsetting for my daughter as Wisconsin was her first choice. Any reasonable explanation would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.</p>

<p>All I could tell you is that the admissions process is holistic. More is at play than the traditional idea of ‘merit’. And remember, postponement is not rejection. It’s more than likely an admit, just at a later date.</p>

<p>Hang in there. I imagine this is a very trying time. Perhaps the essays is where the differences happened since the more tangible stats were similar.</p>

<p>I presume those stats included unweighted gpa’s.</p>

<p>yeah the same thing happened to me. I was postponed as well as multiple people from my high school. I have a good gpa and act score and extracurricular. </p>

<p>A lot of people will be postponed as UW needs to leave room for those who still will apply.</p>

<p>how many people that are postponed get accepted later? @wis75</p>

<p>Don’t know. </p>