Hey, all you postponed...

<p>I was postponed yesterday...very devestating. I was wondering what my chances are of ultimately being admitted... the senior year GPA I send in will be a 4.33, all A's, so I am not worried there. If I send them the best I can possibly get, I shouldn't have to worry, right?</p>

<p>I had a good ACT, and I know exactly why I was postponed: low class ranking, and no APs 'til senior year.</p>

<p>One question: If I take the February ACT, the scores won't be available 'til late Feb... so will the scores make no difference since I send them after the deadline for all materials? If they will make a difference, I want to take it. I'm going to do everything it takes to get into this school!</p>

<p>NOW for the big question... the one I know a lot of us want answered... What are the stats of all the postponed people? Here were mine:</p>

<p>3.8 gpa
29 ACT
76th percentile class rank
Lots of ECs
4 honors classes (before senior year)</p>

<p>I was quite surprised, but I know I can eventually get in. And I also know a lot of you can too. Postponed is a setback, but if they see you're serious about it, you shouldn't have a problem.</p>

<p>What the hell?! All I can say is that I’m glad I got in a few years ago because I defnitely would not have gotten in today. </p>

<p>I believe the amount of postponed kids who get accepted varies by year, but I’d assume it’s around or just over half. Considering the purpose of postponement is to se how you progress in your senior year, and you did perfectly with AP’s, there’s no reason you won’t get in.</p>

<p>Postponed daughter… UW GPA 4.0 29 ACT Many honors classes, 2 AP’s this semester Varsity sports, leadership awards, lots of community service etc
3 excellent letters of rec, strong essays</p>

<p>Tough year with more apps. Hopefully everyone in that 3.8+ GPA 28+ ACT will get in eventually.</p>

<p>My son was postponed and he has had consistent grade pattern since grade school. All A’s and 5-6 B’s since the 5th grade. Honors Math and AP statistics and biology. College Calculus I Fall term of 11th grade at Community college= B, ACT 29, 72 out of 449 class rank, GPA 3.87 unweighted, NHS 12th grade, academic letters, Pathfinders, medicine Explorers program, study abroad in Israel spring term 11th grade - got A’s, volunteer throughout the years. I thought his essays were fair to good but I know that is subjective. He did them all by himself without help and I know so many people who get professional help writing their essays so I feel it is not really an even playing field nor is it a real indicator of true writing skills. He has wanted to go to Madison for years. He did take easier load this year which may have been his downfall but is really a very solid student. His anatomy teacher can not believe he was postponed since he is top in her class. he asked her to write him a recommendation when he was postponed. Hope that will help. I feel bad for him because he really loves Madison and thought his stats fit in the high end of their average acceptance pattern.</p>

<p>i got postponed with…</p>

<p>26 act (but my essays explain why i have such low act score due to my learning disability)
3.73 GPA at very academically challenging high school
2 great letters of rec
aton of EC’s</p>