Pre med student deciding between UCSC and UCLA

so I recently was accepted into UCLA and UCSC, and waitlisted to UC Santa Barbara. While Santa Barbara is my dream school, there is no guarantee I will get off the waitlist so I must SIR to either UCSC or UCLA. I am a desiring pre-med student, but Im not sure where to go because I am scared my GPA will suffer at UCLA compared to UCSC. I love everything about UCLA, just skeptical about my ability to survive and be one of the kids who get weeded out of pre-med. While In high school I did receive a decent GPA (4.61), I was never the student who excelled or understood anything first time around, I am not the genius/braniac of my classes. However, I will admit that I am a hard worker and was always determined to excel at my high school and get the GPA I received by going the extra mile to stay up for 4 days in a row studying. As for my resume/personality, my school does 8 classes each semester, hence I am used to taking on 6/7 AP/IB classes at a time. I am a 3 sport varsity athlete, founded a youth softball league, and have plenty of dedicated hours to a few organizations. As for aid, my EPC from Fafsa is 0, but for UCLA my net cost is around 9000, and UCSC has not given me a price yet…anyways, I was admitted to UCLA but kind of think I got lucky getting in, and may not survive with other brainiacs. But maybe its just my horrible lack of confidence… idk. I love UCSC for its laid back vibe and I think I can do well there GPA wise, the only part I am skeptical about is getting clinical experience/volunteering./shadowing due to the location…I am just scared I won’t like survive at UCLA because I am not a cut-throat type of person, more laid back, however I do want to finally break out my shell and finally mature, and become cut-throat. IDKKK… IM STRESSED!! Do I go to UCLA and grind it out and hopefully survive, or go to UCSC, more laid back, and get good GPA? ( Any UCSC pre- med students out there who can tell me if there is even enough opportunities for clinical volunteering/shadowing/research???) I want to be happy at my school and find people like me, but I’m not sure if UCSC is my thing… but maybe I am wrong. I am definitely a stereotypical “brandy Melville” girl, love football games, basketball games, and boys ahahah… but I am scared that UCSC will just be like people smoking, not being in shape, and getting the muchies… I am just a bundle of emotions and since I am out of school due to COVID 19 and in quarantine, I have no counselor or mentor to talk to, WHICH SUCKS!!! This probably was so confusing, but any advice on anything I just said lol? Any UCSC pre-med students out there who can tell me what its like? Or UCLA pre-med students? I know that med school will be hard, and might as well be prepared by going to UCLA and getting a feel for that, but a lot of doctors have told me it doesn’t matter what undergrad you go to, just find where you are happy! BUT IDK WHERE I WILL BE HAPPY!!!

UC Forum Champion Note:

Closing this duplicate thread.